sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 19, 2020 3:29 pm  #1

I had to share a little good news...via Mr. Happy Capitalism

We all remember Lou Schizas, yes Mr. Happy Capitalism on 640 Toronto (or formerly), well he is a proud papa of Madeline.

Madeline skated very well and elegantly too in my opinion, in the 2020 Canadian National Skating Championships to earn a Bronze Medal this weekend.

She skates well and has some great form for her young age. I expect to see her compete in the next Winter Olympics and do well for Canada.

Here is her interview on TSN about her skating program.

https://www.tsn.ca/video/schizas-on-bronze-i-didn-t-know-what-i-needed-just-happy-the-hard-work-paid-off~1879548?fbclid=IwAR0hHzaTtc8DviHHttanTNbq39G8YlfLNRlQLi-wDcKrEaoAGlOeyTZNoMY

Plus here is her skate...enjoy via YouTube

Last edited by Muffaraw Joe (January 19, 2020 3:38 pm)

The world would be so good if it weren't for some people...

January 19, 2020 5:41 pm  #2

Re: I had to share a little good news...via Mr. Happy Capitalism

Very nice young lady and talented. We will be hearing a lot about Madeline Schizas in the months and years to come.  I am sure Lou and family must be over the moon about Madeline's elegant performance and placing third in the National Skating Championships.  Not bad for a first time out!

January 19, 2020 9:34 pm  #3

Re: I had to share a little good news...via Mr. Happy Capitalism

As a volunteer with Skate Ontario it's been great seeing her develop into the skater she's become.

This is, indeed, her first year in the Senior ranks but for those who don't usually follow the sport, this isn't really her first competition.  She (along with all the skaters -- there are hundreds of them -- what you see at the Canadian Championships represents about 1% of all competitive skaters) has been at this for quite a few years training, practicing and competing.  It takes lots of dedication -- and money -- to get to this level. 

But yeah, placing third at your first Canadian championships is doing really well.

Good for her.

Last edited by Peter the K (January 19, 2020 9:36 pm)