sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 13, 2020 7:56 pm  #1

Catherine O'Hara to receive a Career Tribute from Actra!

I don't want to get too "Sammy Maudlin" about this but Catherine O'Hara will get Actra's National Award of Excellence in Hollywood this April, good for her, she's done well for a "Canadian"...(yes we still have a pride when one of our fellow Canucks do well in the world).

She's done some great work in Schitt's Creek, Home Alone and SCTV below...

Here is more on the story...for the hardest working woman in show biz, I love this woman, *sniff*...(tears streaming)...

Ladies and Germs, Catherine O'Hara...

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/catherine-ohara-receive-tribute-canadas-actors-union-1269005

For a little laugh here she is on the Sammy Maudlin show, with Mother Theresa...(Andrea Martin)...it's still funny and of course Bobby Bittman makes an appearance too!

Last edited by Muffaraw Joe (January 13, 2020 7:58 pm)

The world would be so good if it weren't for some people...

January 14, 2020 8:18 pm  #2

Re: Catherine O'Hara to receive a Career Tribute from Actra!

So many great SCTV clips on Youtube. You look at that lineup and everyone on the show was so talented and funny. I loved the way that SCTV was never nasty or off colour in their humour. Things were implied but it was always done in such a way that was never mean or over the line.  SCTV demanded a certain knowledge from the viewer and whenever you look at the old sketches, you always notice something new or a  little subtlety that was missed the first time. And that usually makes the sketch even funnier.

Catherine O'Hara certainly worthy of the Actra National Award of Excellence in Hollywood. It's nice that Schitt's Creek has raised her profile on TV again and brought her and Eugene back together.