sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

December 31, 2019 11:02 am  #1

Alex Trebek: "I've Rehearsed My Final Jeopardy Goodbye"

Despite his optimism, it appears the famed Canadian-born game show host is resigned to his fate, as he continues to battle pancreatic cancer, the most deadly form of the disease.

Alex Trebek Reveals He's Rehearsed His 'Jeopardy!' Goodbye 

December 31, 2019 11:18 am  #2

Re: Alex Trebek: "I've Rehearsed My Final Jeopardy Goodbye"

I think he'll leave after the G.O.A.T. tournament.  Regardless, his contract is up at the end of the season, I believe.

On a related note, ABC's 2020 is doing a special What Is Jeopardy episode on Jan 2, 8pm, ABC.  

Last edited by Leslieville Bill (December 31, 2019 11:20 am)

- Not an industry person.  Just a guy with a love of Toronto radio. 

December 31, 2019 1:34 pm  #3

Re: Alex Trebek: "I've Rehearsed My Final Jeopardy Goodbye"

Alex Trebek will be remembered more for his grace, his words and actions in these last few months than his long and successful career on TV.  He must be a great inspiration and comfort to those who have terminal illness and to their families. He is using his fame and celebrity for all the right reasons.

When I have watched  interviews with him over the past few months, he is at ease, accepted his fate, and  ready for whatever is yet to happen health wise. Alex has said various times that no one should feel sorry for him at all. 

He seems like a man who has no regrets, has lived well and who is very grateful. Grateful for not only for his wonderful life, but also the time he has had since the diagnosis of his illness. And he has been using this time to help, comfort and reassure others who are sick, and also to thank his millions of followers, friends and fans.