sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

November 28, 2019 4:05 am  #1

Is "My Pillow" Throwing In The Towel?

Could have sworn yesterday I heard one of the radio hosts on GNR am640 read new copy for My Pillow, about the TOWELS that they're now offering for sale?

Minutes before the towel ad, I had been thinking how pleasant it's been to hear all the Jiffy app ads instead of the "pillow talk" and now this.

Only thing worse than having to listen to this new product push, would be to be the host on-air, and have to "Groundhog Day" your way through the terry-fying ad, time after time, after...

Last edited by betaylored (November 28, 2019 4:10 am)

November 28, 2019 9:38 am  #2

Re: Is "My Pillow" Throwing In The Towel?

It gets worse. I just heard Jeff McArthur on GNR 640 shilling for My Pillow's latest product, bed sheets.

Apparently, this product does everything but cure cancer.ย 

November 29, 2019 12:40 am  #3

RadioActive wrote:

It gets worse. I just heard Jeff McArthur on GNR 640 shilling for My Pillow's latest product, bed sheets.

maybe it wasn't towels RA, maybe it was sheets all along and I just blocked out the memory
๐ŸŽ™๏ธ๐Ÿ›๏ธ๐Ÿค”๐Ÿคจ๐Ÿ˜

Last edited by betaylored (November 29, 2019 12:41 am)

November 29, 2019 1:05 am  #4

Sadly, no. They're doing the towels, too. I wonder if you can scrunch them up and use them if something goes wrong with the pillow?

November 29, 2019 5:56 am  #5

RadioActive wrote:

Sadly, no. They're doing the towels, too. I wonder if you can scrunch them up and use them if something goes wrong with the pillow?

"Pillows and Towels and Sheets oh my"

Looking forward to seeing what other My Pillow ads and products they come up with. Said no one ever.

I'm sure the polished professionalism of those lucky radio hosts that are required to read the copy will see them through all the Bed, Bath and BeYawn promotions to come.

November 29, 2019 8:09 am  #6

RadioActive wrote:

The owner of My Pillow may be able to develop a nice sideline, simply by cutting eyeholes in his sheets to sell to his Commander Bonespurs supporters.
ย 

November 29, 2019 12:41 pm  #7

Imagine hooking up with someone and finding out they own a MyPillow...

*shudder*

November 29, 2019 2:42 pm  #8

Chrisphen wrote:

Imagine hooking up with someone and finding out they own a MyPillow...

Easy solution: get the MyCondom, down some MyBirthControl and finish off with some MySTDpill.

ย 

December 1, 2019 6:22 am  #9

Does anybody here on the big yellow board have a My Pillow pillow? Are they pillowy? There's something completely Monty Python-ish about the concept.

( imagine a photo from Python's buying a bed sketch here )

December 6, 2019 1:39 am  #10

Gold UK has started airing My Pillow ads. The British voice on the spot credits "those brash Americans" for selling all those pillows on this side of the Atlantic.

December 9, 2019 3:44 am  #11

TomSanders wrote:

Gold UK has started airing My Pillow ads. The British voice on the spot credits "those brash Americans" for selling all those pillows on this side of the Atlantic.

There's that old chestnut about loving an actor so much you could listen to them read the telephone book out loud. I might quite enjoy a British My Pillow ad if the voice actor had the plummy tones of Benedict Cumberbatch, or the charm of Eric Idle.

December 9, 2019 10:16 pm  #12

betaylored wrote:

Does anybody here on the big yellow board have a My Pillow pillow? Are they pillowy? There's something completely Monty Python-ish about the concept.

My wife bought a My Pillow and it was actually a fantastic pillow which she absolutely loved until she washed it. Now it's just a mushy old pillow. But at least it's clean.

December 10, 2019 12:55 am  #13

alangee wrote:

betaylored wrote:

My wife bought a My Pillow and it was actually a fantastic pillow which she absolutely loved until she washed it. Now it's just a mushy old pillow. But at least it's clean.

Good to know that the M.P. pillow is real, and can live on as a mushy though clean pillow, thank you.

Someone mentioned copy ad burnout awhile ago.๐Ÿ˜

Here's an idea for an effective way to encourage people to buy a new My Pillow: have the radio hosts read a new version of the ad that tells them how many hundreds of thousands of dust mites live in their average old unwashed pillow.

Last edited by betaylored (December 10, 2019 1:04 am)