sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

February 23, 2016 7:50 pm  #1

Ken Trew

Many in the Barrie area may remember Ken Trew.  He spent close to 30 years, doing mostly mornings on what was then CHAY-Beautiful Music, as well as CKBB.   Worked there from the early 70's until the late 90's.   He passed away earlier today of an apparent heart attack.  A Celebration of his Life will be held Friday from 4-8 pm at the Barrie Legion.

February 23, 2016 8:02 pm  #2

Re: Ken Trew

Thanks.  Worked with Ken at CHAY.  always a great guy. 

February 24, 2016 4:43 pm  #3

I know of Ken.  Used to hear him from time to time.  Condolences to his family, friends and fans. 

February 26, 2016 10:18 am  #4

I first listened to Ken Trew on CKBB 950 in Barrie. He used to host a show on Saturday nights called THE PARTY PEOPLE PROGRAM. I then was fortunate enough to work with Ken for many, many years at CHAY-FM.  Ken and I reinvented The Party People Program on CHAY on Sunday nights, called Solid Gold Sunday Night.  Ken hosted this show with Jill Taylor (Jill the Thrill he called her on-air) and had a blast playing his oldies again.  By far, Ken was the most talented announcer I ever worked with.  He was a mentor, a colleague and of most importance, a friend.  Rest in peace Kenny T.  You will be greatly missed.