sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

November 13, 2019 12:20 pm  #1

Former MuchMusic VJs Launch Syndicated Radio Show

From Erica Ehm's Facebook page, via FYIMusicNews.ca

The cat is out of the bag!!

I've been quietly working with Steve Anthony to launch a WEEKEND two-hour national radio show; The MuchMusic VJs Show!

The show will be current-thinking (not JUST a retro gold show), and the content focuses on the years from the '84 ish (the launch) to 1996 (when it morphed into something else, NOT the MUCHMUSIC that we grew up with). Steve, Christopher Ward, Michael Williams, Terry David Mulligan, & Master T and I are hosts.

Do you like this idea? Will you listen? If so, would you offer your own memories and suggestions of growing up with Much? Would you spread the word? If no radio station in YOUR market was carrying it (we already have lots of markets signed on), would you do what you could to get it on (petitioning, etcetera)?

BTW, NO station in TORONTO has signed on. Can you believe that?

It would be awesome if you could SHARE THIS. We're really interested in feedback from as many people as possible!

November 13, 2019 6:04 pm  #2

Re: Former MuchMusic VJs Launch Syndicated Radio Show

RadioActive wrote:

The show will be current-thinking (not JUST a retro gold show), and the content focuses on the years from the '84 ish (the launch) to 1996 (when it morphed into something else, NOT the MUCHMUSIC that we grew up with). 

BTW, NO station in TORONTO has signed on. Can you believe that?

Ah, but which Toronto station would this show fit in? The obvious answer is Boom 97.3. But, they already have a playlist from the proposed period - and they do it very well. CHFI will be all-Christmas  by them (and it doesn't real fit their niche. The only other could be the rat's nest of the re-branded Chum 1045 - but their days of specialty programming is decades ago. Maybe if they brought back their fabulous Sunday nights: The Much program, followed by Dr. Demento (no, I don't mean Jerry Agar) and some 11pm show to wind down the weekend.

November 13, 2019 6:56 pm  #3

Not a bad idea, but she says it is not just a retro show and focuses on the years '84 to '96. I think it should be a little broader than that, Much was still a good station into the 2000's.

It is interesting that they have most of the original VJ's (hey where is J.D?? oh yeah still at Fox). Maybe a Toronto regional station will pick up the show, like CKDO in Durham Region. AM 740 might be a candidate as well. Nobody knows these VJ's better than Moses.

The MuchMusic VJ Show is going to need some promotion, anyone know who is backing this project?  Sort of reads like it is the VJ's themselves.

November 13, 2019 8:23 pm  #4

The '80s on 8 on SiriusXM has jocks from MTV's early years. They all have their own shows and there's a weekly Top 40 countdown. Similar to this, but it's 24/7.

"Life without echo is really no life at all." - Dan Ingram