sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

November 5, 2019 8:14 pm  #1

POLL: MOVIE PURCHASES

Thanks in advance. 

Do you still buy movies in a physical format such as DVDs and Blu Ray?

November 5, 2019 10:33 pm  #2

Re: POLL: MOVIE PURCHASES

I imagine I am in the minority, but as well as streaming & downloading I purchase movies in the following formats:

VHS
Betamax
Laserdisc
DVD
Blu-Ray
4K HD

November 5, 2019 11:32 pm  #3

Retrontario wrote:

I imagine I am in the minority, but as well as streaming & downloading I purchase movies in the following formats:

VHS
Betamax
Laserdisc
DVD
Blu-Ray
4K HD

True, but you do it for a specific reason - the amazing site you run, which has tons of otherwise long lost vintage old programming. Which reminds me, I have some old All Night Show stuff on VHS somewhere, given to me by Chas Lowther after a radio interview I did with him at the height of the show's popularity. If I ever manage to find it, I'll let you know. 

If you've never visited the site, you should. But be warned - you could be there for hours!

Retrontario.com

November 6, 2019 10:36 am  #4

I've 'purchased' a handful of films and TV shows online via a Major Search Engine Streaming Service over the past few years. Two of the titles were removed from my library (presumably due to expired rights), with no recourse offered. I won't be 'buying' streaming titles again.

November 7, 2019 10:36 am  #5

RadioActive wrote:

True, but you do it for a specific reason - the amazing site you run, which has tons of otherwise long lost vintage old programming. Which reminds me, I have some old All Night Show stuff on VHS somewhere, given to me by Chas Lowther after a radio interview I did with him at the height of the show's popularity. If I ever manage to find it, I'll let you know. 

If you've never visited the site, you should. But be warned - you could be there for hours!

Retrontario.com

Well, thank you kindly RA! I would *love* to help preserve any tapes you or other members might have from the golden era of Toronto/Ontario/Canadian TV... I can digitize 3/4", BetaSP, Betamax, and of course good ol' VHS... please get in touch and let's get it back in circulation!

Cheers

November 8, 2019 11:32 am  #6

bump