sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

June 10, 2015 10:51 pm  #1

NT1010 Fill In Host Is Co-Owner Of MyFM Stations

Now there's something you don't hear everyday - the owner of a group of radio stations picking up shifts at a distant competitor. But that's what's happening at CFRB this week, as Jon Pole fills in for the vacationing Jim Richards. Pole's day job is co-founder of My Broadcasting Corp., which owns all the MyFMs that have been licenced in smaller Ontario towns like Renfrew, Napanee and Arnprior. Their closest outlet in the GTA is the one in Orangeville, with another soon to come to Milton.

I'm not a big Richards fan - I just don't find his shtick funny - but I actually quite like his replacement. And I'd listen to him if he were on more often. But I'm guessing that given his "day" job, this could never become permanent. It's the first time I can remember a radio guy who owns his own stations coming on someone else's airwaves for a regular (albeit very short) shift. 

If our esteemed moderator, Iain, happens to read this, I'd be curious to know how this unusual arrangement came about. 

June 10, 2015 11:09 pm  #2

Re: NT1010 Fill In Host Is Co-Owner Of MyFM Stations

RadioActive wrote:

If our esteemed moderator, Iain, happens to read this, I'd be curious to know how this unusual arrangement came about. 

I have no idea.  Just tuned in the other day and heard him, flipped on the webcam to see who it was .  I think he also did a great fill-in job.

ig.

Madness takes its toll.  Please have exact change.