sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

November 2, 2019 2:22 pm  #1

Ted Woloshyn cut in half

Seems his show has been amputated in half. In its place, more of shilled programming with lawyers, "experts", etc. Was this a voluntary downgrade or did management finally realize the audience of his show are either coma patients or those jettisoned to 740?? 

Last edited by TheConsultant (November 2, 2019 2:33 pm)

November 3, 2019 1:31 pm  #2

Re: Ted Woloshyn cut in half

TheConsultant wrote:

did management finally realize the audience of his show are either coma patients or those jettisoned to 740?? 

don't be subtle; what are you trying to say, please?

November 3, 2019 4:45 pm  #3

I rather enjoy Dead Air Ted's Slumber Party. In small doses.

November 3, 2019 8:35 pm  #4

The only segments of his I dislike is the lunch segment and the musician segment

November 3, 2019 9:06 pm  #5

The only part of his show that I ever listened to regularly was the political pundit Stephen Skyvington opining after 1 PM on federal and provincial matters. Last week, he said goodbye to listeners, ending a segment that ran 5 1/2 years. Other than that, I have to admit I find most of the rest of the show unlistenable, especially the endless food and restaurant interviews. 

Who wants to hear people eating on the radio? 

November 5, 2019 3:29 pm  #6

Ted Woloshyn gave this struggling author interviews on each of my last two books, and for that I'll always be grateful. BTW, if anyone in SOWNY-land is interested in interviewing yours truly about my latest book, "Close, But No Cigar: Runner-ups, Nearly-Weres and Also-Rans," just e-mail me at dale_patterson@hotmail.com. Thank you!

https://www.reddeerpress.com/Detail/0889955514

"Life without echo is really no life at all." - Dan Ingram