sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

October 31, 2019 9:24 am  #1

CKTB Morning Man Suffers Double Tragedy

I was wondering what happened to CKTB's morning man Tim Denis, since he'd been off the air for a while. Turns out, he suffered a double dose of tragedy in the past few weeks. 

His mother died, causing him to take some time off. That was bad enough. But he's just been diagnosed with prostate cancer and will remain off the air for a number of weeks as he gets treatment. 

Very sad to have such a horrible double whammy for a host who's been around the St. Catharines market for a long time. I'm sure everyone here sends him condolences and wishes for a speedy recovery. 

October 31, 2019 7:24 pm  #2

Re: CKTB Morning Man Suffers Double Tragedy

Pulling for Tim - a great guy and broadcaster. I've seen him on various Hamilton stages over the years (he's a terrific actor) and I've had the pleasure sharing a stage with him on a couple of occasions. Let's hope he's behind the mic soon!

November 19, 2019 9:27 am  #3

Re: CKTB Morning Man Suffers Double Tragedy

Tim Denis returned to the CKTB morning show this week. Sounds good, although there's no word on how he's doing in his health battle. The good news is prostate cancer is one of the most treatable forms of the disease and if caught early, can be cured. 

As a survivor (so far!) I can attest to that. I hope he has the same outcome.