sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

October 27, 2019 10:21 am  #1

WUTV preempts Fox News Sunday for Trump Address - cuts away before end

WUTV 29 covered the Trump Oval Office address uninterrupted (at first) this morning about the death of al-Baghdadi, but as 10:00 loomed cut out mid-sentence to run about 4 minutes of commercials followed by the regularly-scheduled Full Measure, not showing the end of the Q&A and never returning to Fox News Sunday.

The audience never got to hear Chris Wallace interview VP Mike Pence, who was sitting in the studio with him the whole time.

October 27, 2019 10:52 am  #2

Re: WUTV preempts Fox News Sunday for Trump Address - cuts away before end

Perhaps we've all heard enough from the anti-christ.

October 27, 2019 2:59 pm  #3

This whole Middle East matter is going to blow up I fear.

October 27, 2019 7:25 pm  #4

I'm actually surprised that they didn't carry the whole thing, given that owner Sinclair is such a huge supporter of everything Trump. Still, I guess nothing stands in the way of getting that self-sponsored programming in. 

Then again, Sinclair has a reputation for being just a terrible owner. 

Anyone remember this insanity, which they ordered read on every single one of their stations? (WUTV was exempt, since it doesn't have a newsroom.)

October 28, 2019 9:23 am  #5

6079 Smith W wrote:

WUTV 29 covered the Trump Oval Office address uninterrupted (at first) this morning about the death of al-Baghdadi, but as 10:00 loomed cut out mid-sentence to run about 4 minutes of commercials followed by the regularly-scheduled Full Measure, not showing the end of the Q&A and never returning to Fox News Sunday.

The audience never got to hear Chris Wallace interview VP Mike Pence, who was sitting in the studio with him the whole time.

Less surprising is that CBS also dumped out of Trump's newser in order to return to CBS Sunday Morning. To be fair, by that time the "news" portion was over and Trump's bluster portion had begun.