sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

October 16, 2019 11:04 am  #1

Columnist: I'm Sick Of Sportsnet & TSN Only Boosting The Leafs

FYImusicnews.ca points out this column in the Montreal Gazette, which excoriates Sportsnet (and to a lesser extent, TSN) for being so Toronto Maple Leaf focused that they virtually ignore every other Canadian team. Yes, it's full of the usual Toronto-centric hatred you'd expect from other parts of Canada but he makes a point, nonetheless.

Hockey Night in Canada? More like Hockey Night in Toronto 

October 16, 2019 2:01 pm  #2

Re: Columnist: I'm Sick Of Sportsnet & TSN Only Boosting The Leafs

I have friends and relatives in Montreal, Winnipeg, Edmonton and Vancouver...all of them despise the Leafs for mainly this reason...funny how they don't mind (or even love!) the Jays and Raptors so much but I digress they do have their own hockey teams...what Rogers Media (and to a lesser extent Bell Media) are doing is attempting to feed the need of their biggest audience (GTA) while pushing/promoting a product they have a huge financial interest in...together they own 80% of the Leafs and Rogers would sell their soul and their first born to see the Leafs travel to the Stanley Cup final to grab as much ad cash as possible to help stem the horrible bleeding the stupid NHL broadcast deal has inflicted upon them...it's just business, Sonny.

October 19, 2019 5:45 pm  #3

Re: Columnist: I'm Sick Of Sportsnet & TSN Only Boosting The Leafs

Remember when 640 dedicated their format to the Leafs. Hilarious.