sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

October 17, 2019 9:45 am  #1

John Moore comes out on air .... sort of

Interviewing Andrew Scheer this morning, John Moore was badgering him on same-sex marriage, and he posed the following question: "I've been with my partner for 25 years. How is our marriage different than yours?"

He stopped short of indicating that his partner was another man, but it was clearly left to the listener to infer that, as all his listeners have likely long inferred, as have I.

October 17, 2019 10:32 am  #2

Re: John Moore comes out on air .... sort of

What was Scheer's answer?

October 17, 2019 12:04 pm  #3

I don't think it's a shock really... He's basically talked about it in the past on air many times, but tries to not allow it to be the focus.   I get it.    He wants the focus on his hosting/interviews, and not about his personal life.   I don't think it's a secret he's trying to keep at this point. 

October 17, 2019 1:23 pm  #4

So he's gay.  Big deal.

I learned from working around a number of LGBTQ folks over the years is that many of them just want to live their lives, and like a lot of us "straight" folks, don't want to make a big deal of their personal preferences.  Just because you're out, doesn't mean you don't care to keep some aspects of your life private.

Live and let live.  What a concept.  

Last edited by Peter the K (October 17, 2019 1:24 pm)

October 17, 2019 2:43 pm  #5

Peter the K wrote:

Live and let live.  What a concept.  

A concept that in these divisive times,  we need to constantly practice.

October 18, 2019 11:40 am  #6

I recall CFRB's loathsome ad posters in the late '90s, featuring two plastic groom statues on a wedding cake and the tag line 'Speak now or forever hold your peace'.

October 18, 2019 1:12 pm  #7

John Moore is gay....duh? with all his vaca's in Provincetown, who missed those clues...

Come out to the coast, we'll get together, have a few laughs... 
~ John McClane

October 18, 2019 1:20 pm  #8

Does his personal preferences really matter in 2019? Is it fodder for discussion here? Does it affect his on-air performance? I am far more interested in what the party leader actually answered.

October 18, 2019 1:28 pm  #9

Dial Twister wrote:

What was Scheer's answer?

TheConsultant wrote:

Does his personal preferences really matter in 2019? Is it fodder for discussion here? Does it affect his on-air performance? I am far more interested in what the party leader actually answered.