sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

October 10, 2019 8:49 pm  #1

Tomorrow is the end of Prime Time Sports on the FAN

Jeff Blair and Stephen Brunt hosted the "Penultimate" edition of Prime Time Sports today...on the holiday Monday Jeff Blair et al, will move to the 2-5 time slot.

I for one will miss this show, it has been a fave of mine to listen to on a drive home for years, thanks to Bobcat for putting it on the map and I haven't minded Jeff Blair as a fill in...

The one thing I will miss is the theme music for it.

Here is a link to listen in to today's 2nd last show...

https://www.sportsnet.ca/590/prime-time-sports/oct-10-the-word-of-the-day-is-penultimate/

Last edited by Muffaraw Joe (October 10, 2019 8:51 pm)

The world would be so good if it weren't for some people...

October 11, 2019 11:18 am  #2

Re: Tomorrow is the end of Prime Time Sports on the FAN

I have listened to Bob since his "The Business of Sports" days.

The show was never the same after he left.  While he was was mailing it in at times in recent years;  the production was different...no athlete interviews,  a great list of regular guests,  etc.  The slashing of SN spending has resulted in the current version which is full of athlete interviews and the "usual suspects";  resulting in a product that merely replicates every other sports show.  Blair is too abrasive; condescending and dismissive of people and viewpoints that run counter to his for my liking;  however I know he has his fans.

PTS was a unique product and I miss it.

Last edited by Media Observer (October 11, 2019 11:21 am)

October 11, 2019 7:05 pm  #3

Re: Tomorrow is the end of Prime Time Sports on the FAN

Muffaraw Joe wrote:

The one thing I will miss is the theme music for it.

Listened to the radio feed (was watching on SN360, but at 6:30 they went to a wrestling show again...so much for corporate respect on the last day of a 3 decades plus production) to the theme played for the last time. 

Like Muffaraw Joe,  I will miss it and the quality show that it represented.

Last edited by Media Observer (October 11, 2019 10:18 pm)