sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

September 23, 2019 11:02 am  #1

CFRB 1010 AM streaming stereo

I just noticed this morning that a few items came across my live stream with stereo separation effects.

The first was an ad for Ozery bakery, followed by another for something else. And then the Moore in the Morning intro music appeared to be in stereo as well.

Is this a new thing, or have I just never noticed it before?

September 23, 2019 11:59 am  #2

Re: CFRB 1010 AM streaming stereo

Not new...   They have done this for a while...

Really no point of looking at the world via only your transmitter in 2019.

with HD, streaming etc,  really makes your mono AM transmitter only thing limiting your ability to sound better.    NT1010 is on HD Radio, as well as streaming, so why would they not do Stereo, especially with their ALL DIGITAL studios on Richmond street?   The weakest link for an AM is the transmitter, so sum the left and right at that point. 

Last edited by radiokid (September 23, 2019 12:02 pm)

September 23, 2019 12:50 pm  #3

radiokid wrote:

Not new...   They have done this for a while...

Really no point of looking at the world via only your transmitter in 2019.

I guess I had not noticed because a lot of the listening I do is AM OTA. I listen OTA at home and on the road, but stream at the office as AM cannot get anywhere near the inside of my building.

I actually have an HD radio but did not realize 'RB was on there. I will try it out when I get home. I tuned 640 in on HD when I first got it, but rarely bother to use it - the AM signal is good and clean, and to get the HD I have to put up the telescopic antenna, which I do not otherwise need for any of the local FM stations I listen to.

September 23, 2019 1:43 pm  #4

My issue with 1010 stream is the levels are all over the place ...loud ...louder... soft ....softer. 

September 23, 2019 7:03 pm  #5

Stinand wrote:

My issue with 1010 stream is the levels are all over the place ...loud ...louder... soft ....softer. 

That's an issue for sure I share that with you... I have a feeling there isn't a processor attached to the feed OR someone hasn't got it setup correctly.