sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

June 10, 2015 8:52 am  #1

Art Bell Returns - July 20th

It's easy to joke about this, the guy has had more return trips than The Who.  But he's one of the few who could truly pull this off.  It will be interesting though, unscreened callers!  So much for filtering out the insane ones.. umm..  never mind.   What made Bell so great was how he dealt with the nut jobs with a completely straight face.  Everyone, no matter how crazy, was legitimate.  And it worked.

Must admit, I'll be listening.  I like Noory also though.  Both shows are produced to be evergreen, so you can listen to either or both via podcast and not feel like you're not current.

Madness takes its toll.  Please have exact change.

June 10, 2015 1:13 pm  #2

Re: Art Bell Returns - July 20th

Locally, 1010 will be an affiliate (pending final aproval).

June 14, 2015 2:04 pm  #3

For those interested, Art Bell posted this message late last night on radiodiscussions.com:

"Well here I come again! We are going to give it a try again. After a two Year rest following a shot with Sirius/XM I am going to start a live Streaming show on July 20th. Getting a very interesting start in that so far about 20 stations will pick up the Internet stream, amazing. We will be available 9PM-12AM Mon-Fri P.T. I will stay with the Paranormal Format. Stream is FREE to all and a Podcast minus the music for five bucks a Month. I am very excited about it and plan to give it my best shot. Info at ArtBell.com"

Apparently, the show will be called "Midnight in The Desert." Sounds like a conspiracy to me...

June 14, 2015 2:55 pm  #4

(just lots of info..)

Art’s Announcement on His July Return [UPDATED]
Posted on January 30, 2015 in Media Coverage | 20003 Views | Leave a response

[Update: Art’s comments to Lisa, Tommy and George]

Hi all here is a update,

Here is the way I see things: Starting in late July Dark Matter makes a return five nights a Week from 9PM-12AM P.T. on DMRN. The Stream will be at a higher bit rate and FREE to all. [Ed: Check out Dark Matter Radio Network]

As I mentioned a Producer is needed and it looks like we have found a really good one, Paul will also be able to assist.

I will be depending on all of YOU as well as my FB followers to spread the word far and wide on Social Media. A blitz if you will, BUT not yet, it’s still too early, but I will give you all the word, we don’t  need magazine’s and we sure do not need AM radio to spread the word, Social media has far more power, I have seen what YOU can do.

We will start building the Studio in March or so and as I have mentioned I will absorb the cost myself. This will be a labor of love because I do dearly love Talk Radio. There will only be enough content from anything else to give myself a short break every hour, or put another way, almost no commercials.

There are other very exciting aspects of what this show will have, but again it is simply too early to give away what is coming. Trust me it is exciting.

Art Bell

Further post on Facebook by Art:

To, Lisa, Tommy & George

I am posting this here because I know you read here by the hour.

You may have noticed that when I made my announcement here on FB I did not in ANY
way mention George or even Premiere. That is because I was hoping that I could
put all my efforts into preparing for the show I am going to do. It is not in your
interest to make this a War because as the 500 pound Gorilla in the room any conflict does not work in your favor at all. I was and still am hoping we can simply both do what we do and see how it all shakes out.

However, taking Jimmy away from Keith was kind of low brow, having George get on
the air and pretend to “help” me by talking about my return and then playing my now very old show where I was told to say “George gets it”…..well, it just does not seem like a good start.

Let’s start fresh! I will not go after you guy’s and you don’t go after me. Lets both do what we do and see how it comes out in the end! I am more then happy to have a smaller, higher quality show if that’s how it plays out.

I will not hit, but I will hit back.

Art Bell

June 14, 2015 3:23 pm  #5

"Here are some real terrestrial radio stations...."

'Nuff said.

June 14, 2015 7:10 pm  #6

It appears that NT1010 will not participate. It has been dropped from the station list on Art's website. Too bad.

June 15, 2015 1:39 am  #7

Dial Twister wrote:

It appears that NT1010 will not participate. It has been dropped from the station list on Art's website. Too bad.

Would this by any chance have anything to do with NT 1010's decision not to participate?

"There will only be enough content from anything else to give myself a short break every hour, or put another way, almost no commercials. "

Last edited by Radiowiz (June 15, 2015 1:40 am)

RadioWiz & RadioQuiz are NOT the same person. 
RadioWiz & THE Wiz are NOT the same person.

June 18, 2015 3:16 pm  #8

I am also.  I always enjoyed his shows.  

There's something about the way he treats almost every single caller with respect, no matter how insane their belief, that makes it compelling.  "Art I have a pet hot dog bun"..  "That's interesting, what's it's name.."

People pooh pooh spirits and ghosts and that type of thing, yet we don't have any problem believing that there are radio and tv signals buzzing around our heads all the time.  You just need to have the right equipment to pick them up.  Do I believe?  Let's say I'm not arrogant enough to say I don't.

grilled.cheese wrote:

I am very excited for the return of Art Bell

June 18, 2015 8:27 pm  #9

After Larry Glick retired, Art was the best thing on late night radio.

Sure, I preferred some topics more than others, but what an entertainer.