sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

September 18, 2019 5:36 pm  #1

Chilliwack, Cowboy Junkies, Andy Kim and Bobby Curtola-are in the Hall

Some of my fave artists growing up got inducted into the Canadian Music Hall of Fame today...

CARAS announced that Andy Kim, Chilliwack (who I saw live about 6 years ago and they were excellent)...The Cowboy Junkies and the late great Bobby Curtola all got the nod and will be celebrated on October 27th in Calgary Alberta at Studio Bell, home of the National Music Centre.

Congrats to all...they not only impacted Canadian air waves...but the fabric of Canadian Culture...I still remember Marc "Mes Oui" Denis playing Andy Kim and grooving to Chilliwack in High School...where lumberjack jackets and Greb Kodiaks were a fashion statement! 

I am going to go and YouTube "Rock me Gently" now for old times sake... lol 

Last edited by Muffaraw Joe (September 18, 2019 6:11 pm)

The world would be so good if it weren't for some people...

September 18, 2019 5:37 pm  #2

Re: Chilliwack, Cowboy Junkies, Andy Kim and Bobby Curtola-are in the Hall

Now if only Lighthouse could get in!

"Life without echo is really no life at all." - Dan Ingram

September 18, 2019 5:40 pm  #3

I agree Dale! I saw them too at the Blues Fest in Waterloo 6 years ago too

The world would be so good if it weren't for some people...

September 18, 2019 6:04 pm  #4

Now if only Lighthouse could get in!

WOW Really.   Given their many great hits, longevity and to my mind fantastic albums, the fact that they are not in the Hall is a travesty.   Probably my favorite Canadian band, and one of my all time favorite bands.
Lighthouse was the soundtrack to my summers.    I actually saw them about 3 or 4 years ago with Skip Prokop in Orillia, and had the chance to see them I think for the last time with Bob McBride when they appeared in studio on the Dini Petty show at CTV Toronto.   He was back and performing after his unfortunate time away.   Both shows...fantastic.  
If they are not in the hall there is something wrong.

September 18, 2019 6:28 pm  #5

All four certainly are worthy of being inducted. Has anyone been to the National Music Centre in Calgary? I know it has not been open all that long, with Studio Bell. I thought it was great that they chose to build the centre in the west.  And I do agree, hopefully Lighthouse will be inducted next year. Nice that Andy Kim has moved back home, I believe he lives in Toronto, and good on him with his annual charity Christmas concerts in Toronto and Montreal.

September 19, 2019 3:53 pm  #6

Great artists!  Especially Chilliwack.   You can hear a lot of these on Boom, Q and Jewel.

September 21, 2019 8:27 am  #7

They all deserve to be there...as do many more.

September 21, 2019 1:12 pm  #8

Nice to see Bobby Curtola finally recognized. Not only did he have a lot of hits (before regs), he also did a lot of charitable work.

"Life without echo is really no life at all." - Dan Ingram