sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

September 17, 2019 7:32 pm  #1

Does Mike Stafford Know About This?

Anyone who’s ever listened to Mike Stafford on GNR640 has heard him complain not only about his own kids (who he euphemistically calls “The Leprechaun” and “The Hurricane”) but sometimes the teachers at the school they go to. And while it’s not likely to ever happen at a public institution, a Sirius radio host who did the same thing has learned a lesson he wasn’t expecting – his comments got his daughter kicked out of her private school for good.

The story of what happened is linked below, but it does seems unfair that some guy haranguing a school on air for supposed faults, real or imagined, would have it taken out on the host’s youngster. But that’s exactly what appears to have taken place. I strongly suspect there’s a lot more to it than this. But it seems to have worked – the host now says he’ll no longer say anything about his kid's future place of education on his show, no matter where she ends up. 

Which is a form of censorship that definitely doesn’t sit well with me, although it can be argued that he definitely crossed a line by taking it on air.

I can only wonder what Stafford makes of all this.

Two-Year Old Expelled from Preschool After Her Radio Host Dad Criticizes It on his Show 

September 17, 2019 8:57 pm  #2

Re: Does Mike Stafford Know About This?

Didn’t stafford get called to the principals office once regarding this very thing?

Not that he cares. More content for his show.

Plus as he puts it... they aren’t his kids