sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

September 5, 2019 6:40 pm  #1

Breakfast Television Turns 30

Today, being the 30th anniversary of Breakfast Television's launch, I had original host Ann Rohmer over and we called original news anchor David Onley, original live eye reporter Steve Anthony, original sports reporter John Whaley and original producer Bud Pierce.

It made for a magical 110 minutes you can hear here.

September 5, 2019 9:25 pm  #2

Re: Breakfast Television Turns 30

Given BT's 30th anniversary in Toronto, this announcement is somewhat ironic. 

Rogers cancels Breakfast Television Montreal

Meanwhile, other BT shows outside of the GTA are being "reimagined." (Don't you just hate Rogers use of made-up language to indicate they'll be cutting jobs?) At last count, some 23 people have been let go.

Breakfast Television shows in Vancouver, Calgary being ‘reimagined’ 

September 23, 2019 9:35 am  #3

Re: Breakfast Television Turns 30

Rogers has unveiled their new (but definitely NOT improved) Breakfast Television shows in the markets where they fired a large number of staffers. Some of the strategy appears to be to draw on the one untouched broadcast out of Toronto. I wonder how that will go over in Calgary or Vancouver. 

As for the Montreal effort, I'm not surprised it was cancelled outright and not brought back. The linked article indicates it had only had 4,700 viewers a day!

Citytv unveils details of revamped Breakfast Television shows in Vancouver, Calgary