sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

August 25, 2019 6:37 pm  #1

endless ambulance chasers -- mortgage trolls

Is it just me, or has radio and T-V been taken over by endless ads for ambulance chasing lawyers, and mortgage hawkers whose real agenda is probably to get you to put up your home's equity then repo your house?

Diamond and Diamond, Preszler Law, Kornblum Law followed by Harold the mortgage guy, Capitol Direct, and even Alpine credit which has funny ads, but the bottom line is they all want you to hand over equity in your home to them!
And these ads have saturated radio and T-V relentlessly -- oh yeah and I forgot "Magical Credit" and "Cash Money."
It never stops!

August 25, 2019 7:06 pm  #2

Re: endless ambulance chasers -- mortgage trolls

My favourite part of all this is the Harold The Mortgage Guy spot in which he claims he has rates so good that "even a bank manager borrowed from me." 

Not accusing him of any untruths, but I find that claim very hard to imagine. The guy works for a bank as a manager and he has to go to Harold to get his mortgage set up? What?

August 25, 2019 7:41 pm  #3

RadioActive wrote:

The guy works for a bank as a manager and he has to go to Harold to get his mortgage set up? What?

Peter Principle.

August 26, 2019 8:37 am  #4

newsguy1 wrote:

Is it just me, or has radio and T-V been taken over by endless ads for ambulance chasing lawyers, and mortgage hawkers whose real agenda is probably to get you to put up your home's equity then repo your house?

Diamond and Diamond, Preszler Law, Kornblum Law followed by Harold the mortgage guy, Capitol Direct, and even Alpine credit which has funny ads, but the bottom line is they all want you to hand over equity in your home to them!
And these ads have saturated radio and T-V relentlessly -- oh yeah and I forgot "Magical Credit" and "Cash Money."
It never stops!

Yeah really eh? Where's all the ads for Pizza Nova and other food places.
I know I recently heard an ad for Pizza Nova on Boom 97.3, so maybe the questions is, why just the music side and not the talk radio side...???
People who listen to music radio get just as hungry as those who enjoy talk radio...

RadioWiz & RadioQuiz are NOT the same person. 
RadioWiz & THE Wiz are NOT the same person.

August 26, 2019 10:27 am  #5

What ever became of the purported spat or feud between Harold G. and Jack B. from a few years back? 

Lots of accusations, finger pointing, even a preliminary police investigation (IIRC)....  mentioned on this board, and even made it to the Toronto Star....   then nothing...

August 26, 2019 11:58 am  #7

I'll never forget Mike Bullard on CFRB talking about this story and suggesting a new ad slogan for the store tied into the sordid tale: "We kill the competition."