sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

August 15, 2019 12:55 am  #1

Homeland Season 8 to air on Crave

this is not good. 

https://mobilesyrup.com/2019/08/14/homeland-final-season-bell-crave-streaming/

Last edited by cash (August 15, 2019 12:57 am)

August 15, 2019 1:23 pm  #2

Re: Homeland Season 8 to air on Crave

This seems to be a growing trend.

I'm thinking of the news that The Orville's third season in 2020 will only be on Hulu and not Fox.

August 15, 2019 5:59 pm  #3

Y'know, it's threads like this that drive geo crazy. There's no...what should I say...wrongdoing...controversy...

August 15, 2019 6:17 pm  #4

cash wrote:

this is not good. 

Too true in more ways than one cash.

Homeland was an exceptional show the first few seasons. It can be debated which particular episode/season Homeland jumped the shark. And which episode/season it got really bad, and the shark jumped Homeland. I don't crave Crave, but I'll make sure to read the Hollywood Reporter articles on my Twitter feed on Homeland's season eight to find out how the whole shooting match (pun intended?) ends.

August 16, 2019 1:12 am  #5

thing is, mainstream tv... the ota networks, have decency and violence regs and such, forcing "gritty TV dramas" to weaken delivery.  Look at all the top rated dramas on OTT.... GoT, Handmaids Tale, Orange.... none of them have to work to the constraints of the FCC... therefore, they can be as honest and frankly titillating as necessary to capture audiences.  For the most part, they also have better production values worth watching.

That mainstream shows are transitioning to PPV is indeed troubling, however it should lead to increased quality and more realistic portrayals of the source material.  I for one, haven't watched an OTA drama for years

Regardless, I won't pay an extra $20 a month to bell just to get a single tv series.  .

EDIT: No that's not true, i did buy into Crave for one month for the last season of GoT and Chernobyl.... only to prevent threatening emails from bell if i got the torrents.

Last edited by splunge (August 16, 2019 1:17 am)