sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

August 1, 2019 7:39 pm  #1

Newstalk 1010 Guest Co-host Spends Most of Show Disagreeing With Doyle

Scott Reed guest co-hosted the Rush, Newstalk 1010's afternoon drive show today. He didn't act much like a guest, or a co-host.

As a member of the round tables on 1010, Reed's personality works well, and John Moore has always been able to keep him in check during his highly caffeinated moments, which can be entertaining, informative/amusing but this afternoon, the combination of Doyle and Reed had at least one listener asking via the text board if the two were going to argue the whole show.

And they pretty much did just that.

August 1, 2019 7:46 pm  #2

Re: Newstalk 1010 Guest Co-host Spends Most of Show Disagreeing With Doyle

Doyle is a Conservative while Scott Reid is, frankly, an outright Liberal shill. The former at least can admit fault with the Ford government while the latter can never say anything negative about his precious Big Red Machine. 

Frankly, I find them both tiresome and increasingly, I find myself tuning out of CFRB after 4 PM and not coming back until the next morning. 

August 8, 2019 4:38 pm  #3

Re: Newstalk 1010 Guest Co-host Spends Most of Show Disagreeing With Doyle

RadioActive wrote:

Doyle is a Conservative while Scott Reid is, frankly, an outright Liberal shill. The former at least can admit fault with the Ford government while the latter can never say anything negative about his precious Big Red Machine. 

Frankly, I find them both tiresome and increasingly, I find myself tuning out of CFRB after 4 PM and not coming back until the next morning. 

I tend to like Doyle - particularly when he's paired with Jay (who moderates the show and provides comic relief).  Reid, on the other hand, is a downright embarrassment.  Even Liberal Party talking points aren't so blatantly partisan...

Last edited by Nate (August 8, 2019 4:38 pm)