sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

July 5, 2019 11:33 pm  #1

it's friday at cp24. let's have an on-air party!!!!

to go along with the recent wtf "newscaster's" threads my wife and i spotted a real (disrespectful) beaut this evening (around 9:15) on cp24. the newsreader was starting to read a story about tomorrow's funeral services for a canadian soldier who passed away during a training exercise in bulgaria, a few weeks ago. about 10 seconds into the story, the newsreader breaks into a grin (as she continues to read) along with, as my wife accurately described, a "twinkle" in her eye, just before a picture of the soldier appeared on the screen. we had to hit rewind to make sure we didn't imagine what we just saw.  was someone acting "goofy" off screen, was she "goofy", or was it all a disrespectful case of a happy-time newscast? to continue the good times, she chats with an "off the charts" weather reader who acted like she was just shot out of happy-time cannon (and had no idea when it came to communities' proximity to toronto city limits). pass the coke... a cola... yeah, that's the ticket. it's friday night, let the good times roll!!!

Last edited by the original hank (July 5, 2019 11:38 pm)