sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

June 11, 2019 9:36 pm  #1

WBEN's afternoon drive host David Bellavia gets Medal of Hono(u)r

David Bellavia, the drive-home co-host on WBEN 930 with Tom Bauerle, is apparently in line to receive the Medal of Honor, becoming the first surviving Iraq war vet to do so, among a handful of posthumous such awards.

This was all over WNY media today, i.e. CNN and plenty off others.

I tip my hat to Staff Sgt Bellavia. He is a class act and worthy of recognition.

June 26, 2019 8:48 am  #2

Re: WBEN's afternoon drive host David Bellavia gets Medal of Hono(u)r

It's unusual for the same story to appear as the kicker piece on all three network news shows. Yet this one ran as the final piece on Tuesday's NBC, ABC & CBS nightly network newscasts. He really does have quite a story but it doesn't appear his current radio connection is recounted in any of them.  

NBC

ABC 

CBS

June 26, 2019 1:35 pm  #3

RadioActive wrote:

It's unusual for the same story to appear as the kicker piece on all three network news shows. Yet this one ran as the final piece on Tuesday's NBC, ABC & CBS nightly network newscasts. He really does have quite a story but it doesn't appear his current radio connection is recounted in any of them.  

NBC

ABC 

CBS

WIVB and WKBW carried it live. Not sure about WGRZ. And WBEN of course, where it took place during the Bauerle and Bellavia show (which they continue to brand as such even though it seems David is likely gone for a while if not for good).

Incidentally, someone goofed and started the WKBW web feed far too soon and I watched 10 minutes or so of Keith and pride of Toronto Ashley Rowe prepping for the coverage, chatting with the producer, a bit of scat singing from Keith. Fortunately nothing either one of them would regret saying. Someone must have realized it because it cut off a few minutes before they came on for real.

February 6, 2020 3:43 pm  #4