sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

June 20, 2019 11:38 pm  #1

Colleen Rusholme to Ottawa

Months after being installed as Energy 95.3 Afternoon Announcer (after being removed from the morning slot), Colleen Rusholme is leaving the station to co-host mornings on Boom 99.7 in Ottawa.

Side note: I did not realize both Corus and Stingray have Boom-branded radio station, with the same logo.

June 21, 2019 1:50 am  #2

Re: Colleen Rusholme to Ottawa

Brad wrote:

Side note: I did not realize both Corus and Stingray have Boom-branded radio station, with the same logo.

Yes. This is because Astral media sold to Bell, but Bell was not allowed to keep more than two AM or FM in a market.
(Astral Media is the original founder of the Boom FM name)

In Markets with no Boom FM, Rawlco had an UP FM (ie Edmonton-sold to Pattison group)
Up uses the same traffic jingles etc as Boom FM in their morning show content.

RadioWiz & RadioQuiz are NOT the same person. 
RadioWiz & THE Wiz are NOT the same person.

June 21, 2019 9:33 am  #3

Brad wrote:

Bell too, In Quebec. Bell maintains overall ownership of the Boom brand, to the point where even all of the website domains are registered to them

June 22, 2019 3:46 am  #4

kman wrote:

Colleen better suits the Boom format. Hmmm, A lot of Southern Ontario talent seem to all be heading to the nation's capital.

Boom is doing so well in Ottawa that they scared away Bob FM. lol

June 22, 2019 3:47 am  #5

RadioAaron wrote:

Brad wrote:

Bell too, In Quebec. Bell maintains overall ownership of the Boom brand, to the point where even all of the website domains are registered to them

Yes. This is because Astral media sold to Bell, but Bell was not allowed to keep more than two AM or FM in a market.
(Astral Media is the original founder of the Boom FM name)

Last edited by Radiowiz (June 22, 2019 3:48 am)

June 22, 2019 7:47 pm  #6

Calm down, bro.

June 22, 2019 11:45 pm  #7

RadioAaron wrote:

Calm down, bro.

Who are you talking to? It better not be me because I will gladly show you what needing to calm down is, and believe me, you'll be PINING for the days prior to that comment. 

June 23, 2019 12:40 am  #8

This is the silliest thing to be arguing about I've seen here in a long time. Everybody just calm down. We don't want the days of Ziggy to return do we? Thanks.