sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

May 1, 2019 10:26 am  #1

Veteran D.J. Plash Phelps A Radio Throwback On Sirius XM

He comes from a different era and performs on a satellite channel designed to recreate that era. 

From Art Vuolo's article:

"At a time when most radio personalities are being urged to “shut up and play the hits,” Phlash’s listeners tune in primarily for him and his plethora of interesting facts and stories...

"At a time when many who are still truly passionate about radio have nowhere else to turn, it’s nice to know that at least SiriusXM is trying to provide music that is no longer available on our favorite terrestrial stations. The bravery of longtime consultant John Sebastian has to be admired as he goes after the misrepresented baby boomer generation with a daring new concept: to reach a demographic who still love radio, have money, and are being completely ignored."

Sirius' Plash Phelps A Radio Survivor

May 1, 2019 12:54 pm  #2

Re: Veteran D.J. Plash Phelps A Radio Throwback On Sirius XM

Phlash is one of the only reasons I kept SiriusXM in the car after the free trial period ended. He's one of the few personalities left on radio. On long road trips it's fun to listen to his many stories and phone interactions with listeners. The 60's on 6 music brings back lots of memories but even with 10 years of tunes to spin... there's an awful lot of repetition. 

May 1, 2019 3:16 pm  #3

Phlash is the main reason I listen to Sixties On Six.  He is indeed a rare breed today.  Why?  Because he practices “Personality Radio.”  An extreme rairity today. Also Phlash knows more about Canada than any other American jock I have ever listened to.  His daily “geography” lessons are amazing.  He knows literally everything about every State there is to know.  On his holidays he drives somewhere he hasn’t been before.

He knows “our” holidays for example.  Talks about Canada Day.  Try to find anyone  else today, south of the border; with his knowledge.

Phlash is my man; when it comes to Sirius/XM Radio. He’s also not shy that he worked in about 17 markets; before coming to Sirius/XM

May 1, 2019 5:29 pm  #4

Listening to Mr. Phelps is like getting a geiography lesson. Very interesting.

Don't forget about Pat St. John from 3-7 p.m. He knows his music.

"Life without echo is really no life at all." - Dan Ingram

May 1, 2019 6:54 pm  #5

Don't forget Shotgun Tom on Evenings on 60"s on 6!

Cousin Brucie's show has been dipping into the 70's on 6 at times. Maybe time to loosen the decade a bit.