sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

April 30, 2019 8:09 pm  #1

Todays total...1.4 Million Dollars...

James Holzhauer is kicking butt and taking names on Jeopardy, he is headed into his 20 day tomorrow and has won a whopping 1.4 million, today he won $96,000 compared to the other two contestants who won $5400 and 1999.00 respectively.

One of the contestants on tonight's show wrote "Congratulations James on another win" as her final Jeopardy answer. 

Holzhauer who is a professional sports gambler seems unstoppable. 

Here is a peak into his strategy...

https://www.theatlantic.com/letters/archive/2019/04/jeopardy-james-holzhauer-former-contestant-letter/588418/

I just wonder if this is good for the game shows ratings or if it will be a bust, because he is just running rough shod over everyone else!

The world would be so good if it weren't for some people...

April 30, 2019 8:29 pm  #2

Re: Todays total...1.4 Million Dollars...

i suppose the same was said of ken jennings....

but apparently you can't bet "the sex number" in final jeopardy... or $666.  $420 is fine though.

May 1, 2019 8:31 am  #3

Re: Todays total...1.4 Million Dollars...

Muffaraw Joe wrote:

I just wonder if this is good for the game shows ratings or if it will be a bust, because he is just running rough shod over everyone else! 

It can't help but be GREAT for ratings!!!

Everyone is talking about "Jeopardy James" on local radio stations and TV morning shows like NBC's Today which seems to have a daily update on his winnings.  I'm sure the folks at YES-TV are very happy.