sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

April 24, 2019 1:58 pm  #1

Radio Station Plays The Same Two Songs Over & Over For Months

It's not part of a stunt, exactly - the owners of this limited range Australian station just aren't sure what to do with the frequency, so they're playing the same two songs over and over and over until they figure it out. 

Why radio station only plays Vanessa Carlton, Guns n Roses

Loop 99.1 Facebook page 

April 24, 2019 3:34 pm  #2

Re: Radio Station Plays The Same Two Songs Over & Over For Months

best radio station in Toowoomba
16 April

April 24, 2019 4:11 pm  #3

If they really wanted to punish their listeners, I would recommend only looping the following:
 - all known versions of 'Big Yellow Taxi'
 - all known versions of 'House of the Rising Son'

April 24, 2019 9:43 pm  #4

Chrisphen wrote:

If they really wanted to punish their listeners, I would recommend only looping the following:
 - all known versions of 'Big Yellow Taxi'
 - all known versions of 'House of the Rising Son'

You want punishment? Add Kars for Kids into the loop!

April 26, 2019 5:53 pm  #5

If they REALLY wanted to punish their listeners, they'll play Ylvis "The Fox (What Does the Fox Say)"* looped with the bland new Taylor Swift song "Me"... it's one of the worst things she's ever done. I pity all the jocks on CHUM, Virgin radio, etc. here in Toronto that'll have to listen to this not so Swift song on high rotation. 😑

*makes "Baby Shark" sound like Springsteen

Last edited by betaylored (April 26, 2019 6:07 pm)

April 26, 2019 6:20 pm  #6

betaylored wrote:

"Me"... it's one of the worst things she's ever done.

Inexcusably shitty tossed-off hit songs by otherwise talented artists, you say? Is it worse than Beyonce's 'Drunk in Love'?

April 27, 2019 10:25 am  #7

Two possibilities: (1) the folks in charge are all under 30.  (2) operating it as a fully-purposed community station would require the meeting of government-mandated diversity regulations and the playing of Muslim calls to prayer five times a day. Better to just leave it as it is. But their surveys would meet government-mandated green standards. They wouldn't be using excessive amounts of paper. #1. #2. (No need for a compilation of Hitbounds.)

April 28, 2019 1:26 am  #8

Chrisphen wrote:

betaylored wrote:

"Me"... it's one of the worst things she's ever done.

Inexcusably shitty tossed-off hit songs by otherwise talented artists, you say? Is it worse than Beyonce's 'Drunk in Love'?

Worse than 'Drunk in Love' ....hard to say Chrisphen, it's certainly less irritating, annoying, and smug, but it's still a B side song trying to be a single.

Re: pop songs and booze, have you heard 'Undrunk' by Fletcher? I think the catchy, honest as eff lyrics do a fine job of capturing regret, and those morning after, angst for the memories feelings. Is radio here in Toronto even playing 'Undrunk' or is it too racy?

Idea for a theme: loop Fletcher's 'Undrunk' with Dua Lipa's 'IDGAF.'

Last edited by betaylored (April 28, 2019 1:36 am)

April 28, 2019 10:16 am  #9

I just Googled 'Drunk in Love'. SEVEN people are credited with writing it. 

Jesus wept.

April 28, 2019 10:54 am  #10

That's because, in the current millennial / Gen Z / etc music scene, seven people are needed to do the work of one lyricist and one composer.