sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

March 31, 2019 2:15 am  #1

Steve Dangle Glynn

He's been doing Leaf Fan Reactions on Youtube for every leafs game in nearly 12 years, has a sponsored podcast, is now a Sportsnet NHL live contributor, and has a book signing tour with long lines. Something like a 2 hour wait last night in Ottawa.  almost 100k youtube subscribers.

Anyone watched or is a fan?  To me, he's kind of the guy who created his own media persona, and I'm appreciating seeing his career development.

March 31, 2019 3:06 am  #2

Re: Steve Dangle Glynn

First heard Steve during the Jeff Blair show on Sportsnet 590 the Fan years ago when he'd do his short pre-taped rant about the Leafs (remember how crummy the team was four/five years ago?!). Then I found the Steve Dangle podcast that 590 would air late night at least once a week. From there I added the podcast to my home page. It was much better than the broadcast version, longer, no ads, and all the uncensored stuff.

Thankfully these days Steve is no longer as "shout-y" on the podcasts as he used to be. Adam Wylde, and Jesse Blake deserve a mention, they are a crucial part of Steve's world, and both round out the SDP team. Adam steers Steve through each podcast episode, (Steve has acknowledged that he needs Adam's help with this), and Adam keeps the show moving, and (usually) on topic.

(I'm enough of a hockey and SDP fan that I listen to the really early Steve Dangle podcast back catalogue during the summer off season when I go through hockey withdrawal.)

Steve's got an excellent Twitter presence, does a lot for good causes, including raising money for charity.

Just don't ask him to eat a green pepper.