sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

March 29, 2019 1:29 pm  #1

BuffaloRadioClassics.com Offers Free Vintage Airchecks From That City

Just found this site, although I have no idea how long it's been up. It's called "Buffalo Radio Classics.com" and it features airchecks from some legendary names who worked on both AM & FM there.

Among them: Jackson Armstrong, Larry Norton and Don Berns. There's also station promos and commercials. 

The person who runs it claims he recorded or was given the checks, although I have no idea what the real origin is. If you were a listener to KB, 97 Rock, or KISS 98.5, you might find something here of interest. 

Buffalo Radio Classics.com 

March 29, 2019 1:45 pm  #2

Re: BuffaloRadioClassics.com Offers Free Vintage Airchecks From That City

I have known about this site for a few years and have linked to it from my site. They are the only place that have audio of Bob Allen at WUWU FM on the night of the station hijack. I was listening and in fact called Bob on the studio line and he sounded unhinged. Still not sure if it was a stunt. Unfortunately I did not catch it on tape but someone did. A lot of wow and flutter but you can hear it here. WUWU FM one of my favorite area stations at their sad end:

WUWU FM Bob Allen

Last edited by Fitz (March 29, 2019 1:46 pm)

Cool Airchecks and More:
http://www.lettheuniverseanswer.com/

March 29, 2019 2:39 pm  #3

RadioActive wrote:

Just found this site, although I have no idea how long it's been up. It's called "Buffalo Radio Classics.com" and it features airchecks from some legendary names who worked on both AM & FM there.

Among them: Jackson Armstrong, Larry Norton and Don Berns. There's also station promos and commercials. 

The person who runs it claims he recorded or was given the checks, although I have no idea what the real origin is. If you were a listener to KB, 97 Rock, or KISS 98.5, you might find something here of interest. 

Buffalo Radio Classics.com 

The Pop-Tops were stolen from Rock Radio Scrapbook.

http://rockradioscrapbook.ca/poptops.html

"Life without echo is really no life at all." - Dan Ingram

March 29, 2019 3:23 pm  #4

Yeah, I wondered about that. So much for his disclaimer about donors.

March 30, 2019 6:22 am  #5

A Buffalo nostalgia air check site w/o Tom Shannon is like a pizza w/o pepperoni