sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

March 24, 2019 1:30 pm  #1

And Now You Know The Rest Of The Story...

These have probably been online for a while but I just discovered them. If you were ever a fan of the Paul Harvey feature "The Rest Of The Story," someone has put up about 60 of them on YouTube. I always loved this feature, although I usually found it difficult to figure out when they were on the radio locally. But trying to guess what the "Rest of The Story" was, was a pretty challenging contest. And yes, most of the time, I got it wrong. 

It was well written, well researched, always had a great ending and no one delivered it quite like Harvey, who was so old school, he insisted on showing up in the studio every day in full suit and tie, because that's the way they did it back in the early days of radio.

A great memory flogger of the kind of veteran broadcaster that doesn't exist anymore. 

Paul Harvey's Rest Of The Story

March 24, 2019 9:30 pm  #2

Re: And Now You Know The Rest Of The Story...

Locally, I remember "The Rest of the Story" being carried on CHFI-AM in the early '70s and CJCL in the '80s. WGR also had it for a while if I recall correctly.

His son, Paul Harvey, Jr., wrote the scripts for The Rest of The Story and for the two book versions.

Last edited by Dale Patterson (March 24, 2019 9:33 pm)

"Life without echo is really no life at all." - Dan Ingram