sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

March 22, 2019 8:26 pm  #1

Ron Burgundy does L.A. Kings play by play

Anyone view the YouTube  video showing Ron Burgundy in the Kings broadcast booth?

Makes several references to Toronto & much more

Entertaining if nothing else

March 23, 2019 10:12 pm  #3

Re: Ron Burgundy does L.A. Kings play by play

I like the shout out to Keswick at the beginning and then at 22:40 (ish) the shout out to Don (John) Cherry on Hockey Night...he's too funny!

The world would be so good if it weren't for some people...

March 23, 2019 10:16 pm  #4

Also about 5 years ago, Ron Burgundy called a curling match on TSN...he's pretty good...

Teamed up with Vic Rauter

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RHtpBRwZ9hM

The world would be so good if it weren't for some people...

March 23, 2019 10:40 pm  #5

i only saw what coach's corner said about the kings game.  but i did watch the brier episode that year when he showed up.  lots of people took it as a promo stunt making fun of the sport.

i guess it's ok, but i never found ferrell all that funny to begin with... with an exception for the cowbell.  if it draws attention, then it's worth the mockumentary style.

March 24, 2019 1:23 am  #6

The clips of R.B. in sports broadcasts demonstrate that his mastery of that character is remarkable. There are probably a few knucklehead sports fans who think he's a real broadcaster.

I have yet to see the movie with the Ron Burgundy character... what's it called again.. "Anchor's Away"?  I ought to give it a gander, though I find W.F. (pity he doesn't have a middle name that begins with T.) is an acquired taste, like anchovies on Hawaiian pizza. 🍕 😏

Imagine if it had been Ron Burgundy interviewing Eugene Melnyk last week.

Last edited by betaylored (March 24, 2019 1:30 am)

March 24, 2019 12:44 pm  #7