sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

March 15, 2019 9:31 am  #1

Wall To Wall Coverage Christchurch 1010 Morning Show

Tuned into Moore In The Morning to hear 3 hours of Christchurch shooting.  Seems strange for a Toronto morning show that is usually all weather and traffic. Also seemed strange that Moore had a co-host for an hour.

March 15, 2019 9:51 am  #2

Re: Wall To Wall Coverage Christchurch 1010 Morning Show

Not sure why they spent so long on it but I saw this on the Guardian site and it reminded me of what we see on Fix Noise ( Fox News)"Spare the platitudes writes clinical psychologist Masuma Rahim. In an article for Guardian Opinion she says:

Your thoughts and prayers will not save our lives. But the actions of politicians and the media undoubtedly destroy them.Every single day, people like me are subject to media onslaught. Every single day, we are demonised, both by the people who make our laws and by the people who have significant influence over public opinion. And when I say “we”, I don’t just mean Muslims. Because it’s not just Muslims who are losing their lives at the hands of far-right nationalism. It’s Jews, and Sikhs, and black people. Because when fascism comes to call, it usually doesn’t care what shade of “different” you are. All it knows is that you are different, and it does not like you for it ...These days we have racists and extremists on mainstream television all the time, and hardly anyone in any position of influence bats an eyelid. Those in power have made their position clear: they will invade our countries of origin and they will plunder our resources, but they don’t want us in their countries. They value our oil but they don’t value us. They dress it up as “free speech” but through their actions hatred has been legitimised, and minorities die because of it. You may disagree, but it is the truth.So, politicians and the press can keep their platitudes. They’re meaningless unless they’re borne out by action. It’s time to make a stand. Defend our rights. Protect us from terrorism. Use your position to send a clear message that hatred has no place in society. Stop giving a platform to extremists. Stop pretending that white nationalism is not a threat to us all. Have the courage to stand up for our rights as citizens

Last edited by Fitz (March 15, 2019 9:51 am)

Cool Airchecks and More:
http://www.lettheuniverseanswer.com/

March 15, 2019 1:16 pm  #3

Stinand wrote:

Also seemed strange that Moore had a co-host for an hour.

PR professionals will soon make up 100% of on-air talent.

March 15, 2019 2:30 pm  #4

Drex did a great job on "The Shift" last night covering the shooting on 640.