sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 7, 2016 6:45 pm  #1

What happened to Bill Carroll on KFI?

I just noticed on Facebook that Bill Carroll is leaving KFI? Anyone know why?

never worked ever, in radio

January 7, 2016 7:12 pm  #2

Re: What happened to Bill Carroll on KFI?

Sylvie, his wife posted this on the facebook group as an update..

As many of you know, we have been reflecting this past Fall about what we wanted for our lives and our children lives going forward.

It is such a hard thing (much harder than I initially thought) to be an ex-pat. I wished for 2016 to bring us closer to home, to family and friends. I will miss so many things and friends (you know who you are!) from LA. As with each great adventure coming to an end, unfortunately, there is always sadness. I can't say it's easy (just as it wasn't easy to come here 6 years ago!), but it feels right.

Bill has finished his contract at KFI. You can still hear him on Toronto's AM640, 4-7pm, for the time being.

As it has been clear for some time for us that we wanted to get closer to home, it is more difficult for our children. So I'm asking our dear LA friends to help in showing the kids love and support while we are here the next few months. I would be so appreciative. Voilà, for now!

Madness takes its toll.  Please have exact change.

January 7, 2016 7:13 pm  #3

From the KFI page...

In case you missed it earlier today, Bill Carroll has announced that he will be moving on from here at KFI. Please join us in wishing Bill and his family well as they embark onto the next chapter! 

You can listen to to Bill's farewell message to the listeners at KFI here: 

January 7, 2016 7:39 pm  #4

leafs67 wrote:

No, but now that the Leafs have become contenders could it be that he's written off the L.A. Kings?

January 7, 2016 8:07 pm  #5

geo wrote:

leafs67 wrote:

No, but now that the Leafs have become contenders could it be that he's written off the L.A. Kings?

Contenders for what? A playoff spot - maybe. Certainly not the Stanley Cup. A better bet is the L.A. Kings, first in the Pacific Division and tied for third in the Western Conference.

"Life without echo is really no life at all." - Dan Ingram

January 7, 2016 8:29 pm  #6

DALE - you haven't been following CTV sports w. Lance Brown?

January 7, 2016 9:57 pm  #7

ig wrote:

You can listen to to Bill's farewell message to the listeners at KFI here:  

In case you didn't listen you the 1:21 excerpt, Carroll's farewell message to his U.S. audience was: "Don't Elect Donald Trump."

Interesting last words. Guess he better get back here before they build that wall...

Last edited by RadioActive (January 7, 2016 10:14 pm)

January 7, 2016 10:39 pm  #8

geo wrote:

DALE - you haven't been following CTV sports w. Lance Brown?

Never watch it. Never watch hockey either.

Last edited by Dale Patterson (January 7, 2016 10:43 pm)

"Life without echo is really no life at all." - Dan Ingram

January 7, 2016 11:38 pm  #9

From Allaccess.com

• Bill Carroll Exits KFI/Los AngelesJanuary 7, 2016 at 5:25 PM (PT)3 Comments
  • CarrolliHEARTMEDIA News-Talk KFI-A/LOS ANGELES midday host BILL CARROLL told listeners that he is exiting the station.CARROLL said that he and his wife SYLVIE have "decided to get closer to home," meaning CANADA, where CARROLL was a successful host at  Rock CILQ (Q107) and News-Talk CFRB-A/TORONTO before joining KFI and has been remotely hosting an afternoon show for CORUS News-Talk CFMJ-A (640 TORONTO)/TORONTO from LOS ANGELES for the last few years.  Guest hosts will fill the time slot until a permanent replacement is announced.As a parting message to KFI listeners and AMERICA, CARROLL closed by pleading, "Don't elect DONALD TRUMP.  You're better than that."
  • - See more at: http://www.allaccess.com/net-news/archive/story/149190/bill-carroll-exits-kfi-los-angeles#sthash.cWK99zeV.dpuf

January 8, 2016 12:27 am  #10

...and it's been guest hosts over here all week except for the first hour on Monday.

Hmmm......

January 8, 2016 12:34 am  #11

ISDN issues. Apparently resolved and he should be back on air tomorrow.

Peter the K wrote:

...and it's been guest hosts over here all week except for the first hour on Monday.

Hmmm......

January 8, 2016 3:21 am  #12

You can still hear him on Toronto's AM640, 4-7pm, for the time being.
...and there's a new PD @ Toronto's AM 640...Hmmm...

Last edited by Radiowiz (January 8, 2016 3:22 am)

RadioWiz & RadioQuiz are NOT the same person. 
RadioWiz & THE Wiz are NOT the same person.

January 8, 2016 10:05 am  #13

Radiowiz wrote:

You can still hear him on Toronto's AM640, 4-7pm, for the time being.
...and there's a new PD @ Toronto's AM 640...Hmmm...

I noticed the same thing "for the time being"

never worked ever, in radio

January 9, 2016 3:28 am  #14

The minute I heard this yesterday, my first thought was: "Live Drive". If there is nothing up 640's sleeve, I bet Bill will be hosting at CFRB. Realistically, they are probably the only ones who can afford him!

January 9, 2016 5:27 pm  #15

Bill posted an update on his facebook page:
-------------8<-------------
"I'm overwhelmed by the response here on Facebook and Twitter. Thanks to all of you for such kind words. I wish I were half that nice or talented. Here's the plan... We will remain in LA at least until the house is sold and to let the kids finish their school year. 

I am still hosting the Toronto show for now. My contract there is up in a few weeks. We have talked about me going there full time but it's far from certain. 

We know we'd like to be closer to home. There's no chance I can host a show in French so that eliminates Sylvie's home town of Quebec City. Although it would be massively entertaining to hear me try I'm sure. 

My phone is already ringing. (More like texts and vibrations really). We are excited as hell about the future and will have more to say about (aboot) all of it soon I'm sure. 

Sylvie and I have found ourselves to be increasingly homesick lately. It was time to put her life ahead of my career. 

What an amazing 6 years it has been in SoCal and at KFI. I will always be proud to have worked at this legendary station. I'm sure we will always feel a little homesick for the great friends and fans we have here. 

Now it's time to play with the kids and enjoy this beautiful day. Life is great! Health and family are all that matter. Enjoy your weekend. Thanks for reading this long series of posts."

January 9, 2016 5:49 pm  #16

ig wrote:

We will remain in LA at least until the house is sold

Relax Bill . . . Harold the jewelry buyer will buy your house; hurry home

January 9, 2016 7:05 pm  #17

Or Frank Leo