sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

February 6, 2019 10:13 am  #1

I heart radio CEO Bob Pittman announces Alexa is the New Radio!

Bob Pittman I heart radio CEO (in the U.S.) is suggesting a few things, one is that radio is still a viable and strong media choice...and that Alexa, is making big gains in the households and is the New Radio...

Man, just as I figured out how to put that thingy in the middle of my 45's (records)...now I have to figure out Alexa... (smiling)...

Here is more on Alexa...

"Oh Alexa, post the link to this story and it's link to the podcast/interview with Bob Pittman"!

https://radioink.com/2019/02/06/pittman-alexa-is-the-new-radio/

The world would be so good if it weren't for some people...

February 6, 2019 12:32 pm  #2

Re: I heart radio CEO Bob Pittman announces Alexa is the New Radio!

Interesting article Muffaraw Joe, Bob Pittman is absolutely correct in that Alexa is the clock radio, regular radio etc, in households these days, and that advertising on radio makes good sense. Alexa is serving as a lifeline for radio, making it even more accessible.

Except there's still that one giant fly in the ointment.

British newspaper The Times has a story today that a majority of people surveyed in Britain will not be purchasing an Alexa, and have no interest in using one, because of privacy/spying issues.

If Alexa is becoming the new radio in North America, other parts of the world are slower to become comfortable with the technology.

Privacy issues aside: CBA ( British slang: Can't Be Arsed)  pretty much describes the way some people still feel about using Alexa.

Last edited by betaylored (February 6, 2019 12:46 pm)

February 6, 2019 2:49 pm  #3

Re: I heart radio CEO Bob Pittman announces Alexa is the New Radio!

"Hey Google.. what's Alexa?"