sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 30, 2019 5:45 pm  #1

Who The Heck Is Jodi Decker?

Thought I would tune into the CKNT last week. Happened to be during the =12pxDecker and Marshall show. I was transfixed , but not in a good way, I have rarely heard anyone( =12pxJodi Decker)=12px so out of touch with presenting a talk show, and so uninterested in any topic but one that involved her and her life.. I felt sorry for Bruce Marshall who valiantly tried to introduce "subjects" only to get thrown under the verbal bus by the ego that is Jodi Decker. If she is the best that this fledgling station can do, turn off the transmitter now.
Does anybody know who this woman is, and what her experience is?

Last edited by Stinand (January 30, 2019 5:46 pm)

January 30, 2019 6:26 pm  #2

Re: Who The Heck Is Jodi Decker?

Hmm, the Sauga 960 website and you don't exactly see eye-to-eye on this. Here's how they describe her:

JODI DECKER

DECKER & MARSHALL
A woman of many designations, Jodi Decker, is recognized in radio broadcast as a renowned voice-over artist, record executive, and - most importantly - dedicated mother. Her weekday program, Decker and Marshall, is a mid-afternoon fixture, as it maintains focus on compelling dialogue, which is both witty as well as informative. With a strong sense of social responsibility, she has become an inspiration to both her family and working moms alike. 

=======================================================================

Speaking of Sauga 960, I tuned it in for a moment on Wednesday and actually heard one of their hosts say, "This is CKNT." I think that's the very first time since they officially signed on that anyone has used their call letters.

I'm sure Grilled.Cheese will be thrilled by this exciting development.  

January 31, 2019 9:54 am  #3

grilled.cheese wrote:

Bruce Marshall comes across as a know-it-all who loves talking about being a firefighter in days of Yore.  

lol. You don't say? That's been his whole MO for years.

January 31, 2019 6:04 pm  #4

i just clicked on the station's website (around 5pm - thurs.). technically, they sound terrible (and i don't think it had anything to do with the streaming). the sounds of someone trying to adjust a cheap microphone added to the low-grade technical sound.

January 31, 2019 7:12 pm  #5

CKNT should try using Neumann microphones.... 

February 1, 2019 11:04 am  #6

Glen Warren wrote:

CKNT should try using Neumann microphones.... 

Might be an improvement, more than likely they don't have an engineer who can properly set up the processing chain to the transmitter. A 10K mic will still sound like crap if the processing is bad.