sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

December 31, 2018 11:53 am  #1

D.J. With An Audience Of One Finally Broadcasts To The World

You might remember a story I posted in back in November about a would-be disc jockey who loved Top 40 radio so much that he set up a "station" in his backyard shed and had been "broadcasting" (if you can call it that) shows for decades ever since - but only to his wife, who was inside their house. 

When the BBC rediscovered an old feature they'd done on him, it became something of an Internet sensation. And the fact he was still at it all these years later led them to offer him an actual one-time-only one hour show on the local BBC Three Counties Radio. That pre-taped special airs December 31st at 1 PM EST, as the guy finally gets a chance to show off his talents to his community - and thanks to the Internet - the entire world. 

I'm not sure if BBC Radio is geoblocked, but if not, you can hear the entire thing after it's posted to the web here.

Shed radio DJ ready for BBC local radio slot

December 31, 2018 2:48 pm  #2

Re: D.J. With An Audience Of One Finally Broadcasts To The World

Good news for those interested in hearing this. No geoblocking and you can listen to this one time unique broadcast on demand at the link.

BBC Three Counties Radio 

December 31, 2018 4:44 pm  #3

Gave it a quick listen and it put a smile on my face.  So nice to hear the joy in his voice.  You could tell he was living his dream.  

December 31, 2018 4:51 pm  #4

Apparently, the BBC only leaves these airchecks up for about a month, so if you want to hear it, you should listen before Jan. 28th. But I agree - you could hear in his voice what a great time he was having after speaking to an audience of a single person all those years.

(Come to think of it, he likely had a bigger audience in that shed than CKNT does now!) 

December 31, 2018 5:10 pm  #5

Someone should give this guy a regular gig.

"Life without echo is really no life at all." - Dan Ingram