sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

December 28, 2018 1:46 pm  #1

CTV Toronto News Needs To Change This Before 6

One of CTV Toronto's major stories at noon was about that unfortunate woman in Milton who had $50,000 in cash stolen in a home invasion early Friday morning. Ignoring for a moment how foolish it is to keep 50-grand in a purse inside a home, the reporter quoted the victim as being too terrified to appear on camera and was so frightened, she planned to move. 

So what did the genius editors at CTV do? They showed the home from every conceivable angle, including possible entry and exit points, before ending the tour with a nice big close-up on her home address, the numbers prominently displayed on the wall outside her front door. 

While I realize this was probably just an oversight and there was limited viz to use, I can only wonder how this woman feels right now. CTV not only told the entire city that she had or has money, but advertised exactly where she lives, what her front and backyard look like and what house she's in.

I can only hope they fix this oversight by the time they run it again at 6. 

December 28, 2018 1:52 pm  #2

Re: CTV Toronto News Needs To Change This Before 6

Gotta break da news!

Holiday second-string team in the control room?

December 28, 2018 1:55 pm  #3

You have no choice but to move at that point.  

December 28, 2018 3:20 pm  #4

RadioActive wrote:

...They showed the home from every conceivable angle, including possible entry and exit points, before ending the tour with a nice big close-up on her home address, the numbers prominently displayed on the wall outside her front door... 

I'd expect such lack of couth from CITY reporters, but CTV?