sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

December 19, 2018 1:57 am  #1

?? Coming This Monday: Radio Announcements re: Wylde and Blundell

This week the Twitterverse (and Dean Blundell's blog) has been peppered with hints that there will finally be an announcement, or two, about the radio careers of Adam Wylde, and Dean Blundell.

With the ending of the six month non-compete period for Adam, and Dean sitting in for Jim Richards this Thursday and Friday afternoon on Newstalk 1010, and both broadcasters strongly implying on social media that announcements are imminent, with Dean flat out stating there's an announcement coming Monday, maybe we'll finally see where these two land.

You don't suppose... nah, it's too crazy to even contemplate right? ;)

Last edited by betaylored (December 19, 2018 1:58 am)

December 19, 2018 9:02 am  #2

Re: ?? Coming This Monday: Radio Announcements re: Wylde and Blundell

i wasn't sure who who adam wilde was so i looked him up (i thought he might be the guy with the suspenders, on city tv). i was thinking a pic would jog my memory... it didn't.

Last edited by the original hank (December 19, 2018 9:04 am)

December 19, 2018 11:04 am  #3

AMFM wrote:

Willing to bet they will both be part of the new....whatever they will call themselves.  Formally CKFM/The Mix/Virgin Radio.

I'll bet further that Adam Wilde will be doing a morning show right across Ontario/other on as many (former?) Virgin radio stations as possible...many morning show jobs gone.

RadioWiz & RadioQuiz are NOT the same person. 
RadioWiz & THE Wiz are NOT the same person.

December 19, 2018 11:09 am  #4

Adam to a not changing format Virgin Radio in Toronto only. Dean most definitely not on Virgin.

December 21, 2018 2:05 am  #5

the original hank wrote:

i wasn't sure who who adam wilde was so i looked him up (i thought he might be the guy with the suspenders, on city tv). i was thinking a pic would jog my memory... it didn't.

I didn't have the foggiest who Wylde was either the original hank, until I started listening to the Steve Dangle hockey podcast, Adam's a natural as an on-air personality, entertaining without the 'boy I love the sound of my own voice' attitude of some jocks. I'm thinking it'll be more like January for any announcement there.

p.s. is there anybody in radio who's NOT doing a podcast these days...

December 21, 2018 11:10 pm  #6

Had 99.9 Virgin on the radio for a while this morning and heard  "Something wild coming January 2nd".

December 22, 2018 12:31 pm  #7

When did bragging about not knowing anyone who works in the radio industry become a point of pride?

I love it when old men who knew Marconi personally are proud of not knowing anyone who has been on FM since touch tone phones were invented.  And you wonder why advertisers don't market to you?

Last edited by Prod Guy (December 22, 2018 2:06 pm)

December 22, 2018 12:40 pm  #8

I agree with Grilled cheese,  Maybe it will be rage of this guestbook.  CKNT.

December 23, 2018 12:52 am  #9

Storm wrote:

Had 99.9 Virgin on the radio for a while this morning and heard  "Something wild coming January 2nd".

Imagine if Adam had a loonie (the $ kind) every time someone did a riff on his last name.

He's announced that he and his wife are expecting their first child, so a steady full-time gig would come in handy for the foreseeable future. As much as any radio gig is steady. Most are pretty similar to being the head coach of an NHL hockey team with a Bergevin caliber general manager.

December 23, 2018 12:22 pm  #10

Prod Guy wrote:

When did bragging about not knowing anyone who works in the radio industry become a point of pride?

I love it when old men who knew Marconi personally are proud of not knowing anyone who has been on FM since touch tone phones were invented.  And you wonder why advertisers don't market to you?

Bit harsh  

December 25, 2018 8:46 pm  #11

betaylored wrote:

This week the Twitterverse (and Dean Blundell's blog) has been peppered with hints that there will finally be an announcement, or two, about the radio careers of Adam Wylde, and Dean Blundell.

With the ending of the six month non-compete period for Adam, and Dean sitting in for Jim Richards this Thursday and Friday afternoon on Newstalk 1010, and both broadcasters strongly implying on social media that announcements are imminent, with Dean flat out stating there's an announcement coming Monday, maybe we'll finally see where these two land.

You don't suppose... nah, it's too crazy to even contemplate right? ;)

Monday has come and gone. Was there any announcement? If so, what was it?

December 25, 2018 10:36 pm  #12

No official announcement, but Adam Wylde has posted some cryptic tweets on Twitter (https://twitter.com/AdamWylde).

Dec 24 posted "New chapter starts in..." with a gif of someone shutting off the alarm on their cellphone in the middle of the night. And then only a few hours ago (Dec 25), another gif of someone putting toothpaste on a toothbrush.

He's clearly referencing mornings, and some on the tweety have responded saying he's heading to Virgin 99.9. Some others hope he goes to sports talk radio.

Both gifs have a countdown. The first one showed 9, the second 8. If he does one a day until down to 1, that would give him a potential launch date of "the next chapter" of January 2, 2019.

Last edited by Brad (December 25, 2018 10:41 pm)

December 26, 2018 1:40 am  #13

Nope RadioActive, there wasn't an announcement this past Monday, I figured despite Dean Blundell's blog post, that might be the case, hence the ?? in the header.

And like Brad said, Adam Wylde is still having fun keeping his Twitter followers guessing...

All in all it's a bit like the Monty Python sketch where the camera cuts to John Cleese and he says, " When suddenly, nothing happened."

January 1, 2019 2:43 pm  #14