sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

November 18, 2018 9:18 am  #1

Yule Get Tired Of It: CHFI Goes All Christmas Slightly Early

Like death and taxes, CHFI's switch to all Christmas music is a sure thing. It usually happens the day after the Santa Claus Parade, which takes place Sunday afternoon. But this year, they're not even waiting until after Kris Kringle goes by in his giant sleigh float. 

The station's website indicates the annual change will take place at noon, right before the parade begins. 

Many of us here may never understand it, but you can't argue that it doesn't work. The station is regularly rewarded with huge ratings whenever they make the jump. The only question now is what other local stations will join them in this endless march to December 25th.

So for those who don't like the format, cover your ears. It's going to be a Santa Mental Journey for more than a month. 

November 19, 2018 10:19 am  #2

Re: Yule Get Tired Of It: CHFI Goes All Christmas Slightly Early

Actually, John, like putting up lights or heading to midnight mass, this is kind of a SOWNY Christmas tradition. It's been on every version of this board since its inception - so why stop now?

November 19, 2018 2:48 pm  #3

Time to listen to CHUM. 

November 19, 2018 5:01 pm  #4

November 19, 2018 6:33 pm  #5

November 19, 2018 7:05 pm  #6

for the past too many years, i always comment on this thread... but not this year!  ummm... never mind.

November 19, 2018 7:11 pm  #7

the original hank wrote:

for the past too many years, i always comment on this thread... but not this year!  ummm... never mind.

I'm counting that as a comment. 

November 19, 2018 11:07 pm  #8

exactly.

December 18, 2018 12:20 pm  #9

I love this idea. Someone in Britain is putting free ear plugs on lamp posts outside stores, so they can be used to block out the endless Christmas music coming out of mall speakers.

Maybe next year in Canada?

Free ear plugs help shoppers escape Christmas music