sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

November 29, 2018 10:08 pm  #1

Great Drinking Game

Was at a friends home over the weekend.  He is wired with Google Alexa and we came up with a great drinking game.
"Hey spotify, play (name song here.)  If it did not play, we had to take a drink.
Surprised by what we asked for and actually played.   Cousin Mary by Fludd, was there.   Mexican Lady, Steele River, played.   Me and You and a Dog Named Boo by Edward Bear, played.   Thought we could mess it up with classic Can Con.  Apparently not.  We were shocked.
But when we asked to hear The Band, we got a lot of different stuff, but nothing featuring Robbie Robertson and The Band.
Fun with friends if you have this at home, and an excuse to tip a fine Irish Whiskey if you need an excuse.

Have Fun.

November 29, 2018 10:20 pm  #2

Re: Great Drinking Game

I think Alexa may be listening to Dale's "Oh Wow: station, as highlighted in another thread (which just hit an amazing 10,000 page views!)

November 29, 2018 11:50 pm  #3

Just a Radio Fan wrote:

Was at a friends home over the weekend.  He is wired with Google Alexa and we came up with a great drinking game.
"Hey spotify, play (name song here.)  If it did not play, we had to take a drink.
Surprised by what we asked for and actually played.   Cousin Mary by Fludd, was there.   Mexican Lady, Steele River, played.   Me and You and a Dog Named Boo by Edward Bear, played.   Thought we could mess it up with classic Can Con.  Apparently not.  We were shocked.
But when we asked to hear The Band, we got a lot of different stuff, but nothing featuring Robbie Robertson and The Band.
Fun with friends if you have this at home, and an excuse to tip a fine Irish Whiskey if you need an excuse.

Have Fun.

Me and You and a Dog Named Boo was by Lobo and not can con. Perhaps you meant You and Me and Mexico which I think was the first big chart hit by Edward Bear.

Cool Airchecks and More:
http://www.lettheuniverseanswer.com/

November 30, 2018 11:45 am  #4

Fitz wrote:

Me and You and a Dog Named Boo was by Lobo and not can con. Perhaps you meant You and Me and Mexico which I think was the first big chart hit by Edward Bear.   

The first would drive a person to drink bourbon while the 2nd would lead one toward tequila