sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

August 29, 2018 5:46 pm  #1

As the world turns...the Jazz FM Soap Opera continues...

This Jazz FM Soap Opera continues on the eve of the Board of Directors meeting tomorrow...

The latest in this saga has former morning show host, suing for alleged damages against former SEO Ross Porter...the suit is for bullying, loss of income, loss of publicity as a result, human rights violations and totals $420,000

Here is more from the Globe and Mail

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/arts/article-former-morning-host-of-torontos-jazzfm91-sues-station-alleging-years/

For a non-profit station, I can't imagine things getting worse and then it does!

The world would be so good if it weren't for some people...

August 29, 2018 5:58 pm  #2

Re: As the world turns...the Jazz FM Soap Opera continues...

Call the soap "blood from a stone". It's an effing NON-PROFIT station. Where the hell are they going to pull out any possible settlement?

August 29, 2018 6:47 pm  #3

cGrant wrote:

Call the soap "blood from a stone". It's an effing NON-PROFIT station. Where the hell are they going to pull out any possible settlement?

They'll just have to take the stone away. Simple as that. 

RadioWiz & RadioQuiz are NOT the same person. 
RadioWiz & THE Wiz are NOT the same person.

August 30, 2018 12:16 pm  #4

Story in today's Star, in case you haven't scored your monthly dole...

https://www.thestar.com/news/gta/2018/08/29/former-jazzfm-host-garvia-bailey-sues-for-wrongful-dismissal.html

Included is this:

>> Among the amounts she’s seeking are 12 months’ pay, and continuation of all benefits and pension contributions for the 12-month period. <<

I'm wondering how many years Garvia worked there. If it was just less than four years, slightly more than 3 months pay for every year strikes me as a little excessive. Best of luck to her but it may be time for Ms. Bailey AND Mr. Porter to move on.

August 30, 2018 2:26 pm  #5

According to the CJRT-FM wiki page, Garvia became the morning host in 2014 thereby putting her tenure at 3-4 years.

mike marshall wrote:

Story in today's Star, in case you haven't scored your monthly dole...

https://www.thestar.com/news/gta/2018/08/29/former-jazzfm-host-garvia-bailey-sues-for-wrongful-dismissal.html

Included is this:

>> Among the amounts she’s seeking are 12 months’ pay, and continuation of all benefits and pension contributions for the 12-month period. <<

I'm wondering how many years Garvia worked there. If it was just less than four years, slightly more than 3 months pay for every year strikes me as a little excessive. Best of luck to her but it may be time for Ms. Bailey AND Mr. Porter to move on.

- Not an industry person.  Just a guy with a love of Toronto radio.