sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

July 25, 2018 1:03 am  #1

99.3 County FM is seeking a General Manager

(This could be a great position for the right person...  and a beautiful place to live also...) 

Full-time

Mission Statement: 99.3 County FM is a not-for-profit, volunteer driven, community funded radio station. Connecting the County, this essential service reflects and contributes to the cultural richness, diversity and vitality of Prince Edward County.

99.3 County FM, a non-profit community radio station serving Prince Edward County Ontario, seeks a General Manager. The General Manager will work to build and enhance 99.3 County FM both inside the station walls and throughout the community by fostering a collegial workplace focused on growing the skills of paid, commissioned and volunteer staff, and by developing strong links throughout the community with donors, advertisers, government and the many community groups who benefit from the work of the station.

Reporting to the 99.3 County FM Board of Directors, under the supervision of the Board Chair, the General Manager will oversee the daily operations of the station and will bring superior communication and problem-solving skills along with an ability to prioritize many demands and manage expectations.

The General Manger will be an ethical, trustworthy, and aware civic leader who represents 99.3 County FM to the community at large and exercises discretion and sensitivity in this role.

A successful candidate must:
• Already live in Prince Edward County or be willing to relocate to Prince Edward County.
• Be a team builder, with strong training skills, a capacity to manage and communicate empathetically, and a work ethic that leads by example.
• Have financial management knowledge and experience, including P&L, budget preparation, results analysis, as well as radio specific reports such as traffic, and experience with the development and implementation of strategic plans.
• Have an ability to work with information technology and its application to broadcasting.
• Understand the importance of the station’s mission and brand and commit to applying the mission and adhering to it with consistency, both day-to-day and in long-term decision making.
• Understand the dynamics of community non-profit radio: dedication, tight budgets, fundraising, community liaison, making the most of the station for the community by combining a small budget with a wealth of volunteer commitment and, when needed, being willing to work long hours as well as adjusting priorities and plans when necessary.
• Provide the 99.3 County FM Board of Directors with accurate and timely information about the state of the station, both operationally and financially.
• Work with the Board of Directors and staff in setting plans for the future growth of the station.
• Be a strong supervisor who motivates, leads, mentors and trains staff and volunteers to maximize their roles and contributions to the life of the station.
• Have the sales knowledge and experience to lead a commission-based advertising sales team and to establish and meet sales budgets and goals.
• Have experience in radio programming, including music control systems, and who will accept their role of responsibility in broadcasting compliance.

Application period closes at 5 pm (EDT), September 13, 2018.

Send the following, either in the body of an email or in a single attached .pdf with your name as the title of the document to: 99.3apply@gmail.com

• Cover letter
• CV
• Name and contact information of three references.

o 99.3 County FM reserves the right to contact references prior to scheduling an interview.
o No phone calls please. Only candidates selected for interview will be contacted.

Last edited by ig (August 30, 2018 6:48 pm)

Madness takes its toll.  Please have exact change.

August 7, 2018 2:25 pm  #2

Re: 99.3 County FM is seeking a General Manager

Nawwwwwwwwwwwwwww.  I don't think so.  What are ya payin'?  1/4 mil + per year...+ + +?  Otherwise?  Fire it out yer bottom.

A successful employer should be less of a corporate dick.

August 7, 2018 2:26 pm  #3

P.S. ... email me.

August 7, 2018 6:44 pm  #4

I am less than sure, given your vitriolic attitude towards all of radio and all of its programmers are morons, you'll get an invite soon. Make sure you retain your hatred towards all members of the hiring committee as the whole fools and idiots that you think they are. Oh, and please tell them everything they are doing is absolutely wrong and you know much better than them. Please inform them that chum in 1957 is the only good format there is. Good luck. Let us know how unemployment continues to be for you.

August 8, 2018 12:58 am  #5

cGrant wrote:

I am less than sure, given your vitriolic attitude towards all of radio and all of its programmers are morons, you'll get an invite soon. Make sure you retain your hatred towards all members of the hiring committee as the whole fools and idiots that you think they are. Oh, and please tell them everything they are doing is absolutely wrong and you know much better than them. Please inform them that chum in 1957 is the only good format there is. Good luck. Let us know how unemployment continues to be for you.

Maybe, to solve the problem, Old Codger should just get his own radio station and run that. 

RadioWiz & RadioQuiz are NOT the same person. 
RadioWiz & THE Wiz are NOT the same person.

August 8, 2018 10:47 am  #6

cGrant wrote:

It would appear that while reading the words isn't an issue...your comprehension of them holds you well back of the pack 'c'.  While there are good programmers...there aren't many valid broadcasting companies.  [although there are some]  No sense telling them what they're doing wrong if upper management won't allow the fixes to be put in place.  And I decidedly do NOT think that 1050 CHUM circa 1957..'67 or even '77 was all that terrific.  And by '87?  They were downright laughable as they missed almost every boat while steadily sinking from view.

You obviously don't know even 1 thing about me...including the fact that I remain gainfully employed.  I've only been w/o a paycheque once...and then it was for a mere 4 months.  Not bad for almost 50 years of working, listening. and learning.

But heh!!!  You know it 'all' with your minor market/on the outside looking in perspective.  No wonder 'it' sucks as badly as it does.  Yet that's better than acceptable to you.  Why?  That's easy.  You know next to 0.  The proof, as always, is in your posts.

August 8, 2018 10:52 am  #7

By the way...this specific radio station looks like it might be fun to work at...It's a breath of fresh air in a nice part of the province.  I know several of the people who pull a shift there.  But I am exactly where I want to be ...and... I was just pullin' their collective leg with the first post...as is evidenced by its immediate follow-up.

August 8, 2018 4:24 pm  #8

Radiowiz wrote:

Maybe, to solve the problem, Old Codger should just get his own radio station and run that. 

You know what, Wiz? I would actually be fascinated to see/hear that happen! Further, I would most assuredly tune in. I would, after all the negativity in my posts, lay witness to THE perfect radio station! I believe we ALL would do well to bask in the genius that that station of his would create!

Think about it: all of that station's personnel would have a guaranteed job for life with an oversized salary, benefits and pension. The music would be sublimely perfect with the absolute perfect amount of jock to music to commercial loads! And, the ads? Well? They'd be perfect and aired in just the right logical order!

This would not be another copy of what's out there. No, it would be something all demos could agree on. World leaders would play this station in the background to help solve world peace.

If there will be a "go fund me" campaign to get OC's perfection to fruition, count me in as a donor.

There. The gauntlet has been dropped. Now, let us wait until that glorious presser announcing the launch of this station. Us mere radio types are wide open, ready to be schooled and taught the greatest lesson of all.

August 8, 2018 9:27 pm  #9

maybe.... everyone should just stfu and recognize that this post is for a non profit community station in the middle of ontario.... maybe?

August 8, 2018 9:40 pm  #10

splunge wrote:

maybe.... everyone should just stfu and recognize that this post is for a non profit community station in the middle of ontario.... maybe?

Yeah, you're right. The audience of a non-profit community station in the middle of Ontario doesn't deserve the perfect quality of radio that OC could bestow upon them. Instead, let them suffer with the usual crap that he usually complains about that the entire industry is.

August 8, 2018 10:07 pm  #11

cGrant wrote:

Radiowiz wrote:

You know what, Wiz? I would actually be fascinated to see/hear that happen! Further, I would most assuredly tune in. I would, after all the negativity in my posts, lay witness to THE perfect radio station! I believe we ALL would do well to bask in the genius that that station of his would create!

Think about it: all of that station's personnel would have a guaranteed job for life with an oversized salary, benefits and pension. The music would be sublimely perfect with the absolute perfect amount of jock to music to commercial loads! And, the ads? Well? They'd be perfect and aired in just the right logical order!

This would not be another copy of what's out there. No, it would be something all demos could agree on. World leaders would play this station in the background to help solve world peace.

If there will be a "go fund me" campaign to get OC's perfection to fruition, count me in as a donor.

There. The gauntlet has been dropped. Now, let us wait until that glorious presser announcing the launch of this station. Us mere radio types are wide open, ready to be schooled and taught the greatest lesson of all.

By the same token, we'd all be supportive of you launching your own forum where you'd exclusively post your "pearls of wisdom" ..