sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

July 27, 2018 11:26 pm  #1

Kelly Cutrara needs a civics lesson

I heard some of her show this afternoon. She seemed not to know that the City of Oshawa is not part of the City of Toronto ?? Came across as clueless. 

Last edited by cash (July 28, 2018 11:40 pm)

July 28, 2018 12:41 am  #2

Re: Kelly Cutrara needs a civics lesson

It isn't?  Bowmanville is. 

July 28, 2018 8:58 am  #3

I didn't hear what she said, so I don't know if the following would be a consideration. But for what it's worth, Oshawa is part of the Greater Toronto Area, although it's not part of the Toronto Census Metropolitan Area. Here's a map showing the two:
https://www.toronto.ca/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/90c1-EDC-Map-GTA-CMA.png
The first is based on political boundaries, whereas the second is based on how Statistics Canada analyzes data. Reminds me of how back when I worked in the transit industry, I saw Mississauga Transit's city shown as being Toronto in various tables in a major publication. I told my boss about this, and she said that this was appropriate because it was part of the Toronto CMA. I could see the logic, but I still wouldn't have done it that way. 

July 28, 2018 10:15 am  #4

cash wrote:

I heard some of her show this afternoon. She seemed not to know that the City of Oshawa is not part of the City of Toronto ?? Came across as clueless. 

Love for all, hatred for none

K.

July 28, 2018 12:26 pm  #5

cash wrote:

Lorne wrote:

I didn't hear what she said, so I don't know if the following would be a consideration. But for what it's worth, Oshawa is part of the Greater Toronto Area 

Her specific query was if Oshawa was part of the City of Toronto and not the GTA. Her assumption that the 'swa was akin to Scarborough was absurd. Perhaps if her show spent less time airing video (youtube) clips of motion, weed and hashish reports and other bits, she'd be better prepared to intelligently host a show.

July 28, 2018 3:25 pm  #6

Could this in some way be related to traffic wranglers not acknowledging that roads east of Scarborough exist? Is it possible that anything east of the Rouge river is apocryphal to broadcasters?

July 28, 2018 3:26 pm  #7

Okay, one more time:
IF THIS DOES NOT GET ME THERE IT IS NOT TORONTO!!! 
(one with current date, that is, lol)

Last edited by Radiowiz (July 28, 2018 6:15 pm)

RadioWiz & RadioQuiz are NOT the same person. 
RadioWiz & THE Wiz are NOT the same person.