sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

July 11, 2018 6:15 pm  #1

Is Jack Berkovits Gone From AM 640?

It appears there's a chance our old friend Jack may no longer be doing his show at GNR 640 on Sundays.

He hasn't been on the past two weeks (which could have been vacation time) and his ads appear to no longer be running there, either. But a check of the Corus Sunday schedule on its web page shows the 5 PM slot is now occupied by "The Oakley Show Weekend." 

So unless the page has not been updated in some time, his show is no longer listed as being on the station. 

July 11, 2018 6:26 pm  #2

Re: Is Jack Berkovits Gone From AM 640?

RadioActive wrote:

It appears there's a chance our old friend Jack may no longer be doing his show at GNR 640 on Sundays. 

I find this difficult to believe -- Jack always claimed that the "phone lines were jammed, just jammed" and his "ratings were higher than all the radio stations put together on the planet".
I'd say he's gone. I pointed out a while ago that his ads were absent. And, even when a host in on vacay, they either have a sub or reroll (even on the weekends).  Another piece of proof that he pays for his show. So, where is he going to buy time next? 740? Maybe CKNT?

July 11, 2018 7:09 pm  #3

He had a show on Sundays? That's news to me! 

RadioWiz & RadioQuiz are NOT the same person. 
RadioWiz & THE Wiz are NOT the same person.

July 11, 2018 10:56 pm  #4

Thanks for the news about "The Oakley Show Weekend" RA. I never have a chance to listen to John during the week, so Sundays it is.

July 11, 2018 11:18 pm  #5

RadioActive wrote:

He hasn't been on the past two weeks (which could have been vacation time) and his ads appear to no longer be running there, either. But a check of the Corus Sunday schedule on its web page shows the 5 PM slot is now occupied by "The Oakley Show Weekend." 

So unless the page has not been updated in some time, his show is no longer listed as being on the station. 

Here's the latest info that they have on their website about what's happening with his show. 
https://globalnews.ca/toronto/program/the-jack-berkovits-show