sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

November 18, 2015 10:50 pm  #1

Mystery song recorded off radio stumps everyone for 22 years

November 20, 2015 10:08 am  #2

Re: Mystery song recorded off radio stumps everyone for 22 years

November 20, 2015 11:06 am  #3

Crap.  I wish I could get that song identified from Dale Patterson's "Scrapbook" site.  It was on the CKSL aircheck from Jay Nelson's son (1980), just after Gordon Lightfoot's "Wreck ... "  Nobody seemed to know.  Likely some sort of Cancon.

Cheers,
Jody Thornton

November 20, 2015 11:19 am  #4

That's exactly what I thought this story was about.  We need to find the clip and send it in to CBC as their next challenge

Jody Thornton wrote:

Crap.  I wish I could get that song identified from Dale Patterson's "Scrapbook" site.  It was on the CKSL aircheck from Jay Nelson's son (1980), just after Gordon Lightfoot's "Wreck ... "  Nobody seemed to know.  Likely some sort of Cancon.

Madness takes its toll.  Please have exact change.

November 20, 2015 11:23 am  #5

Hi Jody,

I'm just offering this up as an idea to try 'cause I have never tried myself. What if you were to employ one of those phone apps that identify songs by 'hearing' them, then hold your smartphone close to the speaker while playing back that audio clip.

Might work. Might not. Worth a shot!

November 20, 2015 11:31 am  #6

RadioActive wrote:

Case closed

Thank goodness, Prime Minister Trudeau will be beefing up CBC subsidies.    If not, this national mystery would never have been solved

A happy ending all around

November 20, 2015 11:38 am  #7

DeepTracks wrote:

Hi Jody,

I'm just offering this up as an idea to try 'cause I have never tried myself. What if you were to employ one of those phone apps that identify songs by 'hearing' them, then hold your smartphone close to the speaker while playing back that audio clip.

Might work. Might not. Worth a shot!

I sent a copy of the audio snippet to Mark Irvine, and he could not identify it.  He has it on his iPhone.

Cheers,
Jody Thornton