Offline
AM640 has not had a regular host in its newly branded "Middays" slot since Alex Pierson left the station. They've been filling in with former radio and TV pros like Barb DiGiulio and Rod Black for months.
But Black confirmed on Wednesday that he's done after Friday, completing two weeks on air. So the question: who takes his place on Monday? So far, they haven't offered any hint about the voice occupying the 10AM-noon slot.
You have to wonder how long they can let this go on. You would think, even with their financial issues, Corus could find a permanent host for a major time slot in the top market in Canada.
I think Black has done a good job overall, pro that he is. But they need to finally name a new host and make him or her permanent. I don't think I've ever seen (heard?) anything like this in all the years I've listened to the radio.
Tough to attract regular listeners when they're never sure who's on.
Offline
By the way, here's how the AM640 "Midday" schedule is listed on its webpage. Note the URL contains the name Brad Smith.
Offline
Well, I still remember many years ago when there was a local (Tom Rivers, yes, that far back) morning show, then the station went to several different American Doctor shows from the States.
The fact that mid day is local today vs picking up American programming for less is always a good thing.
Last edited by Radiowiz (October 8, 2026 6:04 am)
Offline

Finding a permanent host for AM640 puts me in mind of the late George Burns quip about investing in green bananas.
PJ
Offline
Like hiring a new hand for the Titanic after it's already sunk, except 640 was never really more than a leaky row boat.