sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum


You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

September 25, 2026 9:52 am  #1


NY Times: The Top 100 Best TV Shows Of The 21 Century

The New York Times asked actors, producers and TV executives for their picks of the Top 100 shows of the 21st Century. The site is heavily encrypted but the Top 10 Choices have made the news elsewhere. 

Here's what the experts picked and it's telling that only one of them is an over-the-air network show. 

10. Atlanta
9.  Curb Your Enthusiasm
8. 30 Rock
7. Veep
6. Game Of Thrones
5. Fleabag
4. Succession
3. Mad Men
2, The Wire

And the pick for #1 show in the past quarter century?

1, Breaking Bad. 

 

September 25, 2026 12:46 pm  #2


Re: NY Times: The Top 100 Best TV Shows Of The 21 Century

Only one Canadian show eked its way into the Top 100. It came in at #34 and it given its record setting dominance at the Emmy Awards a few years back, the choice probably won't surprise you.

Only one Canadian TV show ranked among the 100 best of the 21st century

     •Thread Starter
 

September 26, 2026 8:43 am  #3


Re: NY Times: The Top 100 Best TV Shows Of The 21 Century

I think for the most part the Top 10 Choices were deserving with a couple of exceptions for me. For example, I found Curb Your Enthusiasm could be hit or miss and somewhat of an acquired taste, and Game of Thrones got tired fast for me, seemed like too much of the same thing, although everyone I know who watched it really enjoyed it. I would add Shameless and Superstore to my list.

 

Yesterday 6:41 am  #4


Re: NY Times: The Top 100 Best TV Shows Of The 21 Century

HBO and AMC leading the way, as they should be in my opinion. 

 

Yesterday 11:46 am  #5


Re: NY Times: The Top 100 Best TV Shows Of The 21 Century

Having kids really does mess up one’s cultural knowledge and/or viewing time 😄 My kids were born in 2001 and 2005 and consequently I had no time or energy to devote attention to many of these shows. Heck, I just started The Americans, and it premiered in 2013!