Offline
She was on the Fan 590 and CFRB for years. But as far as I know, this will be the first time radio veteran Barb DiGiulio will be on a Corus station.
The radio veteran is apparently set to sit in one of the AM640 shows next week - not sure yet which shift.
I always liked her and I'm looking forward to her coming back and getting her own show, even if it's just temporary.
Offline
Barb doesn't seem to have a favourite side in the political scale.
I wonder what she will talk about?
Offline
Always enjoyed listening to Barb. Good for her.
Offline
If I remember correctly, she used to do a lot of lifestyle and family issues. Not sure that will fly.
Offline
I was surprised when CFRB let Barb go as I thought she was very listenable. I have heard her guesting of late on Agar’s show I think. Looking forward to tuning in next week once I find out when she’ll be hosting!
Offline
She can't be worse than the mess they serve up daily. Put her in during mid-day, and put a fork in the unlistenable 'Drex', then maybe get Mulroney to show up for work on occasion.
Offline
Hav'nt heard that name since 2020.
640 neads to hire all the old 1010 hosts that left.
Rian doil, john downs, ted wulishin if I'm spelling that corectly, and more who hav'nt passed away.
If he were alive, I would want tarik fata, I even liked the omni jewelcrafters guy's show on 1010.
Offline
Walter wrote:
Put her in during mid-day, and put a fork in the unlistenable 'Drex'
Sounds like Barb will be doing noon to 3 pm this week.
On the crossover with Drex prior to noon, you got a shout-out, Walter, when Drex said him and Barb had never met, welcoming her to the building, and self-deprecatingly quipped about himself, "Most of AM640's listeners find me 'unlistenable'."
Offline
Hope Barb will slip into a steady gig.
She is more than just a fill-in type.
Also we worked in a couple of the same radio stations in Victoria BC at different times.