Offline
I'm not a fan of the CBC's broadcast output, but I have to say I'm often impressed by what they put up on their Gem website. They've just revealed the latest shows that are coming in July and some of them are quite good.
"We Are Lady Parts" is a comedy from England that was originally shown on Peacock in the U.S. and Stack TV here.
There's a sci fi space drama that sounds exciting and they're also debuting several seasons of Mad Men and Orphan Black.
And there's a full length documentary about Rough Trade's Carole Pope.
You can see all the new additions here.
Gem is free, but you do have to sign up to use it.
Offline
I question the need to editorialize on the CBC when you give praise to the their streaming fare. It's like the friend who constantly gives backhanded compliments.
Offline
LOSat wrote:
I question the need to editorialize on the CBC when you give praise to the their streaming fare. It's like the friend who constantly gives backhanded compliments.
It's simple - their on air product I find subpar. Their online content is far superior - plus no commercials and there's no CanCon-only type requirements. It's perfectly possibly to not like one but appreciate the other. At least I find value in some of what they do!